LG Direct Drive Washer  » Electronics  »
  • I am just happy I got such a great washing machine for such a low price, I love the added features such as the child safety handle and the fact that this LG Direct Drive Washer self cleans itself along with removing excess suds during the washing cycle so you never have to wash clothes twice

• by Melissa Glenn

Finally I was able to buy a front-loading washing machine with the LG Direct Drive. I had been looking for a front-loading washing machine for years here in Canada, but they were often at least $1500CDN. I purchased the LG Washer for just $899CDN.

I cannot say enough incredible things about this washing machine! To begin with it is white in colour

with a silver rim around the door, which is surprisingly large making it both easy to load clothes and actually watch them wash!

The LG Direct Washer has a 3.5 Cubic Feet capacity and has 21 different cycles. This is a truly fantastic feature, I no longer need to worry about my delicates or my regular work clothes and there are several ...

• pre-soak options.

Electronically designed, the LG Direct Washer will flash a little neon sign if I overload it, or if becomes unbalanced. Even better, unlike my old washing machine this one self-balances by re-distributing the weight of the clothes itself so I never need to do it.

Designed by Tromm products, this washing machine has the energy star stamp of approval which also

means it is good for our environment. I am just happy I got such a great washing machine for such a low price, I love the added features such as the child safety handle and the fact that this LG Direct Drive Washer self cleans itself along with removing excess suds during the washing cycle so you never have to wash clothes twice.

Jeanette says :

We have been using the LG Direct Drive washer dryer, and do not know where the lint catch is. It wasn`t bothering us too much until recently, the clothes are not drying properly. Can you tell me where the lint trap is so that I can empty it, and hopefully get my machine drying again?

Jules Li says :

It’s different depending on the model. However, it should be located on the inside of the dryer door.

Galega says :

Lint trap is at the lower front end of LG Direct Drive Washer. It used to be irremovable. LG has improved and it is not removable. If you have older one, then washing lint trap may be little bit tricky. You will have to use a soft brush to clean it. Try it and hopefully the dryer will start working properly.

quick note by anonymous :

This washer slams, hammers my plumbing. It makes my whole house rattle. The customer service people were not helpful.

Galega says :

I have a similar experience when my washer used to create loud sound coupled with a sort of tremors. The technician found the fault with drive pulley. I think you are also having same problem. Try to fix any issue with drive pulley and your machine should start working properly with manageable sound.

A washer making a loud noise during spin cycle can also be caused by a faulty drive pulley. The pulley is what the belt (if applicable to your washer) rides on to spin your washers tub. The pulley can be made of plastic or metal. It could be simply worn out or just loose.

Claudette says :

I want to buy a new washer. Could you please tell me the difference between LG WM2050CW and WM2016. I want a front load and dont really need anything too fancy but I do want one with direct drive motor. Under 1000. anything to suggest

John says :

Claudette the main difference is the size. The WM2050CW is a 4.0 cu feet, and the WM2016 is a 3.6 cu feet. So the WM2050CW is larger.

j. romo says :

I need the site where I can down load the manuals for my lgs washer dryer w.wm2277hs d.dlg5988s

John says :

I’m not sure you listed the models correctly. However, this is a link to LG’s website to access all manuals, search for your correct model here:

K. Romuld says :

We are looking to buy a new front load washing machine and dryer. the sales woman recommended a LG washer model WM2050CW and dryer model DLE2050W. What can you tell me about them?

John says :

I can tell you that the WM2050CW is smaller in size at 4 cu feet, and the DLE2050W is larger at 7.1 cu feet. However, there are other things to consider. Here are links that include the full specs for both versions: and

Ellen reppa says :

My lg top loader direct drive smart drum
    Smells so bad (musty)
    Go thru tub clean cycle , but a load or two later it smells again?
    Is there a place to manually clean or it seems like water is underneath drum and becomes stagnet and smelly
    Can you tell me if others have had this problem and if so what to do?

Galega says :

If you allowed water to remain inside, then over time musty smell will be emanated. You need to get the lint trap thoroughly cleaned. Obviously, that is not happening automatic with your washer. You need to get it done manually. Lint trap is located at the lower portion of front end. That is removable. You can use a cleaner to get it done.

Jim Geswein says :

re : I am just happy I got such a great washing machine for such a low price, I love the added features such as the child safety handle and the fact that this LG Direct Drive Washer self cleans itself along with removing excess suds during the washing cycle so you never have to wash clothes twice
    Disappointed in my LG Direct Drive washer. Tried several recommendations and wash wear clothing still come out wrinkled. Purchased a large size dryer and was advised to put in small load to avoid wrinkling. Didn’t work.

Galega says :

Putting clothes in smaller load is the best advise to prevent wrinkles in washer. If there is room for your clothes to move around, the possibility of wrinkles goes down. Some clothes are extremely prone to wrinkles and in that case even smaller load couldn’t help. If you have similar clothes, then I would suggest you to pour little bit of vinegar into the washing machine. That should help you.

The problem you are calling out isn’t as such related to the technicalities of machine. This isn’t fault of LG.

-10
    CJ says :

My LG Direct Drive Washer is brand-new and we`ve washed several loads already. But the little pocket on the top, lefthand side where you pour your detergent seems to stay filled with water after each cycle. The detergent is always gone, though. I had been manually pulling out the detergent cup and dumping the excess water, which was annoying but not a big deal. But once we washed white clothes using bleach I noticed the bleach cup which is situated in a very hard-to-reach place deeper inside the detergent drawer was still full also. I thought it might just be extra water, so I dipped my finger in to test. It`s bleach I almost ruined a set of colored sheets. If I had not checked the little detergent drawer first, I would have bleached my linens. Since we`ve recently moved, I can`t seem to get my hands on the owner`s manual and every attempt I`ve made to download one from the internet has failed, as there is a fee. Does anyone know how to get that detergent drawer all the way out so that the extra liquid can be dumped? Or better yet, does anyone know why the detergent and bleach cups stay filled with liquids?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162012261770331/k2311a1220/12.20.07