Acer Laptop  » Laptops  »
  • We needed a second laptop for our busy home so I bought the Acer Laptop with the 15.4 inch screen from my local Walmart
  • While the web cam looks extremely small, less than a half-inch in diameter, I found it really does take crisp clear pictures
  • Buy an Acer, you won�t be disappointed, I find the picture resolution is great, I can burn CD�s and DVD�s with it, and the price is certainly right

• by Melissa Glenn

We needed a second laptop for our busy home so I bought the Acer Laptop with the 15.4 inch screen from my local Walmart. I bought it primarily for the wide screen it had which makes it easier for me to work.

This Acer laptop is quite lightweight for a laptop weighing in at just over four pounds. It is so slender in

fact, that I wasn�t sure how sturdy it would be, but to my surprise the keyboard has full size keys that are easy to press down on and don�t make the slightest noise when I type.

This is an extremely fast laptop, with 1GB of Ram, a 120GB hard drive and a dual core processor with a speed of 1.6GHZ. The web cam ...

• that is built into the Acer laptop can be found above the screen in the centre of the casing. While the web cam looks extremely small, less than a half-inch in diameter, I found it really does take crisp clear pictures!

While Acer is predominantly considered a discount brand, I would encourage anyone on a budget searching for a laptop to buy this

one. It came to just under $600CDN, and it comes with Windows Vista and a built in microphone located on the mouse that delivers a crisp clear sound when I talk to people over the internet.

Buy an Acer, you won�t be disappointed, I find the picture resolution is great, I can burn CD�s and DVD�s with it, and the price is certainly right!

Sean Dodds says :

I bought this laptop about 3 months ago for school and entertainment. It has proved to be a very reliable laptop so far. One thing I took into account when I chose this laptop over other laptops, was the price. I bought it on sale for $ 150 at Groupon, which at the time seemed like the best and cheapest option available to me. After using it for several months I have noticed a few things that I don’t like. Since it is a chromebook you have get any apps or downloads from the Play Store. It will not download software online. I also do not like that when you have about 15 tabs it becomes very slow. Overall I think that this laptop is worth the money for what you get and I have been fairly happy with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632012261570331/k2311a1220/12.20.07