Campbell’s Chunky Sirloin Burger Soup  » Food  »
  • That's a pretty good deal when I consider the fact that I'm getting a very convenient product for the price difference between this and the canned version
  • I prefer having more actual food, which is why I keep going back to the Beef Sirloin flavor every time I need to replenish my soup supply
  • For a little over a buck, this soup is definitely worth trying

• by Sarah81

Campbell’s has always made high-quality soups. When I was little, one of my favorite meals was a can of tomato soup with a grilled-cheese sandwich (and a big dill pickle on the side). But as I grew older, I started sampling more soups. And once I became a college student, I realized that there is a lot to be said for microwaveable packaging.

That’s where Campbell’s Chunky Sirloin Burger soup comes in. Even when I’m in a hurry, I can still eat a hearty, somewhat-nutritious meal. All that I need to enjoy this soup is a microwave and a spoon.

I pay about a buck twenty-five for fifteen and one-quarters of an ounce of soup. That’s a pretty good deal when I consider the fact that I’m getting a

very convenient product for the price difference between this and the canned version. With the microwaveable bowl, I do three things to get hot, tasty soup.

First, I remove the red lid. This piece of microwave-safe plastic is ventilated, which prevents boil-overs when I heat my meal.

Next, I remove the pull tab. This is not microwave-safe, so I toss it in the trash. I put the red lid back on the bowl and microwave the whole thing for a couple of minutes. Including the time that I let the soup sit (it’s very hot when it comes out of the microwave), I spend about three minutes preparing my food.

When I finish eating, I can throw away the bowl and lid. Some might call this wasteful, but there are times ...

• when I just can’t drag along a bowl - much less wash it when I’m finished eating. When I have the ability to open up a (recyclable) can and heat up the contents in a microwave-safe, reusable dish, I will. But when I can’t, this soup is convenient and affordable.

None of that information is useful, though, without knowing how this soup tastes. The Sirloin Burger variety is pretty good for pre-packaged food. Most of this variety consists of “country vegetables” - green beans, carrots, et cetera. They blend well together, and with the round pieces of beef sirloin. I can’t mistake these veggies for freshly-picked, though, because they were packaged at a factory. I don’t mind, though, because they’re quality vegetables.

The meat is tender and tasty, too. Almost

every bite contains at least one partial piece of sirloin, which is surprising. I’m used to being cheated on the pricier ingredients in most pre-packaged foods. Campbell’s is doing a good job of giving me plenty of meat.

There is some broth in this variety, but it’s really just enough to package the food. Other varieties, like the chicken noodle soup, have a lot more liquid. I prefer having more actual food, which is why I keep going back to the Beef Sirloin flavor every time I need to replenish my soup supply.

For a little over a buck, this soup is definitely worth trying. You might find this, and other varieties, on sale at your local grocery store. Sometimes I pay a buck even for mine - that’s when I stock up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272012261070231/k2311a1220/12.20.07