Border Collie  » Pets  »
  • I like it cause it can go well with my other dogs (unlike dobermans)

• by Susan

I have 2 dogs at home (matter of fact, 3). One is golden retriever, another one is Border Collie, and another one is a mixed race.

I only spent money for buying my golden retriever. Why? cause the other two were coming by their own will :P Suddenly they come to my house, and refused to go away. Because all of us like dogs, we let them staying with us, but we only let the border collie and golden retriever to enter our house. The mixed race? nope.. we’re a bit racism on that case :D so the mixed is put outside, to guard the house. Ok, now I’m going to talk about my border collie.

His name

is Cheppy, he’s light brown/ white collie. He’s short and so cute (aka, fat). The temperaments are different from golden retriever. If golden is peaceful and silent, then forget it when you’re facing border collie. My border collie is lively, likes to run and when its run, it runs so fast. If golden walks slowly, then border collie walks faster.

Border Collie was a guard dog. It’s said that they’re supposed to guard the flocks, and so naturally, collies do perceive the family as flocks.

My collie likes to yap and warn us if it sees strangers around our house. He’s way to aware that even a motorbike’s sounds are being perceived as ‘warning!’. Even when ...

• we have guests, he would look at them with awareness, and refused to be touched. If they’re trying to touch him, he will bark.

Collies are one master dog. Usually he is closer to the one who feeds him, not like golden. Goldens are everyone’s friend.

My Border Collie is active little devil :) He likes to open the door but its own front foot. He’s smart and likes to play with rubber ball. He demands privacy sometimes, so i got to say his tolerance isn’t that high :) unlike golden, which allows us to disturb him everytime.

When we’re having a nap, my border collie and golden are sleeping in the same room, but on the

floor. Sometimes they sleep outside the door :) see the ‘protecting the master’s’ attitude :D

I don’t know how about border collies in general, but mine really have active front feet. He forces us to give him food if he sees us snacking, or holding a food that he likes. He eats everything. From rice to even a fly.

Bottom line, border collie is an active, smart, and lively dog.

I like it cause it can go well with my other dogs (unlike dobermans).

Also, rats and thieves are afraid of their sounds. Cause they give high tone barks when suspecting something.

So, don’t have to pay for security guard. Just have the border collie. Doesn’t need money, just snacks :D

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291912259980331/k2311a1219/12.19.07