US Airway’s Refund Policy  » Airlines  »
0.5
  • Six days before the travel date, I found out I had to cancel the entire visit
  • When I went on-line to find out how to request the refund, I was very disappointed

• by Marie Baker

Recently I had to book a flight for a family member to come to the USA from Europe. Because there were a few travel concerns, I wanted a refundable ticket. US-Airway provided that option, and I purchased the travel insurance as

well.

Six days before the travel date, I found out I had to cancel the entire visit. Knowing I had covered my bases, I wasn’t worried about getting my money back. When I went on-line to find out how to request the ...

• refund, I was very disappointed.

I actually had to file a request for the refund, which will undergo a review. There policy actually gives them a means to reject requests! Yet on the form, they don’t even ask for any reason or

explanation as to why you’re cancelling the ticket! We had a medical reason too.

What was the point of the traveler’s insurance ($35), and a refund policy, if they don’t guarantee refunds? It’s still pending and I’m very upset. They weren’t upfront in my opinion.

lawrence schoeman says :

Hi. My wife was in an auto accident and in order to receive medical attention we need to shorten our stay in Virginia. What is the penalty procedure for changing a flight? Thank you.

Marg says :

FYI, United is now a part of American Airlines. You can change your flight as long as it’s more than 3 hours before the reservation. You can get confirmation and more info on that here:

Deepak says :

Hi I`m part of travel agency My question is associated with passenger physically unfit to travel and ticket is refundable. Doctor has advised not fit for travel. Do I still need to pay refund penalty. I have medical certificate provided by the doctors. What`s US Airways policy in this kind of case I want to know what US Airways refund policy says in this case? Thanks

Marg says :

This depends on if you purchased a refundable or a non-refundable ticket. If it’s a refundable ticket you can get a refund. However, if it is nonrefundable you cannot. Their refund policy explicitly states that “personal emergencies” cannot be used to request a refund. To confirm you can check their policy here:

Cheryl Rathbun says :

I have a credit of about 650.00. I cannot find my paper that gives the number of my refund. Please look up that refund numer for me. thank you Cheryl Rathbun

Marg says :

FYI United is now American Airlines. According to their policy it takes about 20 days for a refund. However Cheryl, you can go here to check the status of your refund:

Eric Robertson says :

I signed up for a trip through Priceline and due to flight delays with another airline I was unable to make my trip. Since price line made my return flights through US Airways I was hoping that you would be able to refund me the money for those tickets that I will no longer be using. I contacted Priceline already and they were less than helpful, they informed me that if i wanted a refund I would have to go through the individual airlines. I hope that you will consider my request for a refund in the spirit of your excellent customer service and I hope to fly with US Airways in the future. Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Sincerely, Eric Robertson

Marg says :

Eric, according to their refund policy they cannot give you a refund unless the ticket was purchased directly from them. You’ll have to get the refund from Priceline. You can confirm this info about their policy here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401812259850731/k2311a1218/12.18.07