Elephant Bar Toledo Ohio
Toledo, Ohio
  • They had quite a selection of items in their menu and at fairly reasonable prices, which I would put in the same cost range of an Applebees, or a TGIF, but a bit more upscale
  • We started with drinks (wine and a gin and tonic), and an appetizer (the Steamer Trunk sampler, I think it was called) which was enormous, it had 4 large butterflied shrimp, 4 loaded potato skins, two pieces of garlic bread, a huge pile of nachos with cheese, beans, and peppers, and 4 chicken strips, and four dipping sauces (Honey Mustard, cocktail, salsa, and ranch)
  • When the check came I was pleasantly surprised in that even with a slightly more than 20% tip, all the food (half of which we had boxed to take home, and which made a great lunch the next day) and drinks came to only $68, which I thought was really good, having spent much more for a lot less elsewhere
  • Elephant Bar is a chain and if the rest are like the one in Toledo, I highly recommend them

• by David

My wife and I frequently go out to restaurants, and we will run the entire spectrum, from family diners, or fast food, up to the fanciest restaurants we can find. We decided to visit the Elephant bar, which is located at our largest mall here in Toledo (Westfield Mall). The first (and only mistake) we made was forgetting what the mall is like so close to Christmas (it was 12/14/2007) and parking was almost impossible to find within any reasonable walking distance to the restaurant, but one was finally secured. The restaurant was crowded and had probably a 45 minute wait (although no one told us that). We decided to wait in the bar area where we found a table and was told that we could order drinks or we could also order dinner. We liked the table

we were at which provided a great view of the rest of the restaurant, and since we wouldn’t have to wait we decided to stay where we were and order dinner.

The restaurant was very nicely decorated and and was very clean, the only flaw in the overall ambiance was that it was really quite loud, not just in the bar area but in the restaurant as a whole. They had quite a selection of items in their menu and at fairly reasonable prices, which I would put in the same cost range of an Applebees, or a TGIF, but a bit more upscale. We started with drinks (wine and a gin and tonic), and an appetizer (the Steamer Trunk sampler, I think it was called) which was enormous, it had 4 large butterflied shrimp, 4 loaded potato ...

• skins, two pieces of garlic bread, a huge pile of nachos with cheese, beans, and peppers, and 4 chicken strips, and four dipping sauces (Honey Mustard, cocktail, salsa, and ranch). I was almost full just eating half of this. I watched as my wife ate nacho, after nacho, without making a dent in the pile. We followed this up with dinner, I had Macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi, and chips, which consisted of 4 large strips of Mahai Mahai all with a golden macadamia nut crust, a large pile of French fries all perfectly done, and Fresh sweet cole slaw. My wife had a very large hamburger with avocado on it and fries. We were both very pleased with the presentation of the food, and were shocked by the portion size, and found everything to be very fresh
        tasting and very flavorful. We had two more mixed drinks which were quite tasty.

Service was outstanding, our waitress checked in throughout the meal to make sure everything was ok, but never made us feel rushed. My water glass was refilled a number of times, and the food was presented in a timely manner with the order being 100% correct.

When the check came I was pleasantly surprised in that even with a slightly more than 20% tip, all the food (half of which we had boxed to take home, and which made a great lunch the next day) and drinks came to only $68, which I thought was really good, having spent much more for a lot less elsewhere.

Elephant Bar is a chain and if the rest are like the one in Toledo, I highly recommend them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71812259490631/k2311a1218/12.18.07