Home Depot Truck Rental  » General services  »
Rossford , Ohio
  • Just as I was starting to leave I noticed that they had me checking out the Truck 25 minutes earlier, than I had actually received the keys to the truck (turns out they had me checking the truck out from the moment that they started trying to figure out how to rent me the truck
  • I had also needed a hand truck (or hand Dolly) which they do not rent, however they gave me free use of one of the stores (which I know from past experience that U-haul charges for the use of a hand truck)
  • It took about 2.5 hours from start to finish and cost just around $46.00 for the truck and just under $21.00 for the gas, which I guess wasn't to bad to get a washer and dryer

• by David

My washer and dryer died, however I was lucky enough that one of my sister-in-laws had a washer and dryer that she gave my wife and I, we just had to move them. We called several places and Home Depot had about the cheapest truck rental rate ($19.95 for the first 75 minutes, $5.00 every 15 minutes thereafter. The home depot truck came with ramps (which one at Lowe’s although equally priced did not). The truck is available

on a first come first serve basis, and we were lucky that on a Saturday it was available. We were unlucky that no one at the service counter knew how rent it out, it took 25 minutes and no less than 8 people to finally figure it out. Just as I was starting to leave I noticed that they had me checking out the Truck 25 minutes earlier, than I had actually received the keys to the truck (turns out they had me checking the truck out from the moment that they started trying to figure out how to rent me the truck. I pointed this out to them and they adjusted the time accordingly. I had also needed a hand truck (or hand Dolly) which they do not rent, however they gave me free use of one of the stores (which I know from past experience that U-haul charges for the use of a ...

• Home Depot Truck Rental
      hand truck).

The truck itself was very clean and a easy to drive. The ramps were easy to use and had ridges that helped slow things as you were unloading. The Hand truck that was provided was also very easy to use and came with straps to help hold whatever you are moving.

On my way back I filled up the truck with gas (which the rental agreement indicates but no one told me). According to the rental

agreement if they fill the tank back up its $4.00 a unit (I assumed a unit was a gallon which was at $3.05 a gallon). It took about 2.5 hours from start to finish and cost just around $46.00 for the truck and just under $21.00 for the gas, which I guess wasn’t to bad to get a washer and dryer.

Although service wasn’t the greatest, the truck and the hand truck, and the ramps were well worth the cost.

LaTamber says :

Were is the nearest location in south dallas and price for about 2 hours .

LUCY says :

CAN I RENT A TRUCK IN DALLAS AND DRIVE TO THE ORLANDO, FL LOCATION?

hyphey92 says :

These trucks are currently not able to be used for out of town trips

Galega says :

Yes, you can. But, you know there are lots of terms and conditions attached when you are taking truck out of the city. You should better speak to the manager of the rental service and see what he has to say.

Nicholas says :

I was looking for a truck rental for a few hours to move some household items. I was hoping I could schedule a rental but The Home Depot does not allow for reservations of vehicles. I ended up going on a Monday and the vehicle was unavailable which did about me because I was off from work that day and no other area Home Depot’s had a vehicle.

The next morning, I decided to drive 30 minutes before the store opened and luckily a truck was available. I wanted a boxed truck and ended up with a flat bed. Luckily, the flat bed worked out and I used it for under two hours. I saved over $ 100 using The Home Depot compared to U-Haul or Hertz. I do recommend either calling ahead to see if any vehicles are available or plan to go before the store opens to increase your chances.

Steve says :

Is it possible to purchase a Home Depot rental truck, are the rental trucks ever offered for sale to the public

Jules Li says :

No, not that I know of. This is probably a topic that you should address with management.

Rod Newcomb says :

Actually, they do come on sale. I actually bought one two uears ago and it still had the factory warranty as it was just under 60k and 5 years. One warning, if you find one at your used car dealerships you will be replacing the receiver. They weld a pin through them and weld a bead across the inside so the truck can never be ised for towing.

Galega says :

Why do you want to purchase a used truck only from Home Depot? If you want to purchase a used truck, there should not be an issue about its current owner. You can make a deal with any business person dealing in used heavy vehicles.

Coming back to your question, all vehicle owners sell their vehicles at some point of time because of various reasons. Home Depot may also do it. But, they are not in this business and hence there won’t be any pattern. There is also no relevant department from where you can get these info.

Mark Jachniewicz says :

I have a 10,000 lbs road restriction capacity in the Poconos which is imposed by the Community.It has not been lifted yet. 1-What is the weight of the Home Depot Truck ? 2-What is the carrying capacity of the Home Depot Truck I am interested in delivering some sheetrock wcich weights 73 pounds for each sheet. I need approximately 100 sheets which will be probably several trips. Thank you

Marg says :

This would depend on exactly which model you have. FYI, you can go here to get the capacity for each Home Depot model:

Galega says :

You should call them. They will come to your premise for survey. They will note down not only your goods, but also the road restriction capacity and hence they will send a truck which suffice all these needs. You don’t need to worry about these details. It is their area of concern and let them handle it professionally. They have expertise in dealing with such type of peculiar situations.

Carolyn says :

Can you rent a truck from Home Depot if you don`t make a purchase at Home depot?

Kishore says :

Yes, I rented this over the weekend. It was cool and cheap. I rented this to ship a bunk bed from Bj`s. They charge just $19.75 min and $10 Hr thereafter. With taxes it came to $20.5.(70min)

Galega says :

Yes, they are in the business of rental. This is their main business and hence there shouldn’t be any problem in getting a truck on rent from them. There will obviously be some conditions attached which their executive will elaborate to you.

brenda says :

How long is the truck bed?

Darren says :

It’s about 8 feet long with the tailgate shut.

Galega says :

There isn’t as such any exact length. The actual length of a single truck bed can differ by few inches by standard length. Typically, a long bed is 8 feet long, a standard bed is 6 feet 5 inches long, and a short bed is roughly 5 feet 8 inches long.

Tina says :

Is every home depot have the trucks for rental? Pick up and drop locations are same or it can be different?

Jules Li says :

Home Depot actual uses Penske truck rentals. Which means that you are able to drop them off at any Penske location.

Galega says :

One of the main businesses of Home Depot is truck rental. You can book a truck at any of it premises according to your requirements. There are some conditions attached, as you should be above 21 years of age and be an American or Canadian citizen. You should also have a valid driving license.

quick note by anonymous :

I rented a truck from Home Depot for the same purpose (a washer) but the angle of the ramp prohibited me from success. I took the truck back and told them what I’d rented it for, and they told me the ramp wouldn’t work for getting a washer up. The guy who rented it out to me didn’t tell me that. Two hours wasted, and I didn’t get my washer. I’m still trying to figure out how to get it from my friend’s house to my house. They did refund me my money, though.

Galega says :

That was obviously a minor, and I will dare say innocent, mistake by the salesman. In any case, they have refunded you and that’s what makes them a credible truck renting destination.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251812259480631/k2311a1218/12.18.07