Home Depot Truck Rental
Rossford , Ohio
  • Just as I was starting to leave I noticed that they had me checking out the Truck 25 minutes earlier, than I had actually received the keys to the truck (turns out they had me checking the truck out from the moment that they started trying to figure out how to rent me the truck
  • I had also needed a hand truck (or hand Dolly) which they do not rent, however they gave me free use of one of the stores (which I know from past experience that U-haul charges for the use of a hand truck)
  • It took about 2.5 hours from start to finish and cost just around $46.00 for the truck and just under $21.00 for the gas, which I guess wasn't to bad to get a washer and dryer

• by David

My washer and dryer died, however I was lucky enough that one of my sister-in-laws had a washer and dryer that she gave my wife and I, we just had to move them. We called several places and Home Depot had about the cheapest truck rental rate ($19.95 for the first 75 minutes, $5.00 every 15 minutes thereafter. The home depot truck came with ramps (which one at Lowe’s although equally priced did not). The truck is available

on a first come first serve basis, and we were lucky that on a Saturday it was available. We were unlucky that no one at the service counter knew how rent it out, it took 25 minutes and no less than 8 people to finally figure it out. Just as I was starting to leave I noticed that they had me checking out the Truck 25 minutes earlier, than I had actually received the keys to the truck (turns out they had me checking the truck out from the moment that they started trying to figure out how to rent me the truck. I pointed this out to them and they adjusted the time accordingly. I had also needed a hand truck (or hand Dolly) which they do not rent, however they gave me free use of one of the stores (which I know from past experience that U-haul charges for the use of a ...

• Home Depot Truck Rental
      hand truck).

The truck itself was very clean and a easy to drive. The ramps were easy to use and had ridges that helped slow things as you were unloading. The Hand truck that was provided was also very easy to use and came with straps to help hold whatever you are moving.

On my way back I filled up the truck with gas (which the rental agreement indicates but no one told me). According to the rental

agreement if they fill the tank back up its $4.00 a unit (I assumed a unit was a gallon which was at $3.05 a gallon). It took about 2.5 hours from start to finish and cost just around $46.00 for the truck and just under $21.00 for the gas, which I guess wasn’t to bad to get a washer and dryer.

Although service wasn’t the greatest, the truck and the hand truck, and the ramps were well worth the cost.

LaTamber says :

Were is the nearest location in south dallas and price for about 2 hours .

LUCY says :

CAN I RENT A TRUCK IN DALLAS AND DRIVE TO THE ORLANDO, FL LOCATION?

hyphey92 says :

These trucks are currently not able to be used for out of town trips

Steve says :

Is it possible to purchase a Home Depot rental truck, are the rental trucks ever offered for sale to the public

Jules Li says :

No, not that I know of. This is probably a topic that you should address with management.

Rod Newcomb says :

Actually, they do come on sale. I actually bought one two uears ago and it still had the factory warranty as it was just under 60k and 5 years. One warning, if you find one at your used car dealerships you will be replacing the receiver. They weld a pin through them and weld a bead across the inside so the truck can never be ised for towing.

Mark Jachniewicz says :

I have a 10,000 lbs road restriction capacity in the Poconos which is imposed by the Community.It has not been lifted yet. 1-What is the weight of the Home Depot Truck ? 2-What is the carrying capacity of the Home Depot Truck I am interested in delivering some sheetrock wcich weights 73 pounds for each sheet. I need approximately 100 sheets which will be probably several trips. Thank you

Marg says :

This would depend on exactly which model you have. FYI, you can go here to get the capacity for each Home Depot model:

Carolyn says :

Can you rent a truck from Home Depot if you don`t make a purchase at Home depot?

Kishore says :

Yes, I rented this over the weekend. It was cool and cheap. I rented this to ship a bunk bed from Bj`s. They charge just $19.75 min and $10 Hr thereafter. With taxes it came to $20.5.(70min)

brenda says :

How long is the truck bed?

Darren says :

It’s about 8 feet long with the tailgate shut.

Tina says :

Is every home depot have the trucks for rental? Pick up and drop locations are same or it can be different?

Jules Li says :

Home Depot actual uses Penske truck rentals. Which means that you are able to drop them off at any Penske location.

quick note by anonymous :

I rented a truck from Home Depot for the same purpose (a washer) but the angle of the ramp prohibited me from success. I took the truck back and told them what I’d rented it for, and they told me the ramp wouldn’t work for getting a washer up. The guy who rented it out to me didn’t tell me that. Two hours wasted, and I didn’t get my washer. I’m still trying to figure out how to get it from my friend’s house to my house. They did refund me my money, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251812259480631/k2311a1218/12.18.07