We Are Marshall Movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I was surprised, not because I thought the movie was better then that, but because I thought more people would say it was good because of the rise from tragedy that it was

• by D.K.

We Are Marshall starts out with the tragedy of Marshall’s football team in 1970 (for those of you who don’t know, the plan crashed killing all but four of the football team, as well as most of the coaches and football staff, some parents, and fans, a total of 75 people). It is sad, and rather hard for the movie to recover

from this horrible event, but it works hard to do that.

It shows the struggle of the team, the school, and the town recovering from this tragedy.

While working hard to depict actual events, the movie is often slow, and a tad depressing.

It is well casted, but some parts just don’t feel well written.

It ends with the traditional real life movie type of ending where they share with us, “So and So went on to do this or that, and so and so did this other thing.

” It seemed a little sudden and rather disappointing.

However, considering the tragedy that Marshall University had to rise from this movie was informative, as well as touching.

Checking the Tomato Meter (as I so often ...

• We Are Marshall Movie
      like to do), we find that 49% of critics said it was good.

I was surprised, not because I thought the movie was better then that, but because I thought more people would say it was good because of the rise from tragedy that it was.

However, among non critics who rated the movie only 44% said it was good.

This is

a movie I feel falls into the take it or leave it category.

I wouldn’t say that it is one that you should or shouldn’t see.

If you are planning on seeing it, don’t do it if you are already feeling down.

It isn’t a happy go lucky movie, especially in the beginning, though the ending does happen on a lighter note.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111812259290631/k2311a1218/12.18.07