Jimmy Dean Pancakes and Sausage on a Stick  » Food  »
  • That's definitely one of my favorite meals
  • The big problem is that I don't like making breakfast
  • I bought a box of twelve for six dollars and change at my local Wal-Mart
  • This is a little more expensive than a roll of pork sausage and a box of pancake mix, but I'm happy to pay more for convenience - especially when it tastes good
  • Jimmy Dean makes other heat-and-go types of breakfast foods, but I'll probably stick to this one for the most part because it's the most convenient of them all

• by Sarah81

I’ve always loved pork. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals because there’s pork sausage, pancakes and scrambled eggs to be eaten. That’s definitely one of my favorite meals.

The big problem is that I don’t like making breakfast. This takes time, which I don’t always have. If it’s a class day, then I probably need to grab food that I can eat on the go. But I still want something that tastes good.

That’s where Jimmy Dean Sausage and Pancakes on a Stick comes in. I bought a box of twelve for six dollars and change at my

local Wal-Mart. This is a little more expensive than a roll of pork sausage and a box of pancake mix, but I’m happy to pay more for convenience - especially when it tastes good!

Basically, this product is a piece of pork sausage that’s been put on a stick, dipped in pancake batter and cooked. It looks a lot like a corny dog, actually. Each one is individually wrapped, so I just tear off the plastic and cook according to the directions on each wrapper.

Wrap the sausage on a stick in a paper towel and put it in the microwave for one minute. Add another minute for cooling time (the sausage becomes very hot after it cooks), and it’s ready to eat. I don’t need to add any syrup to this food because the pancake batter already tastes sweet. There’s not enough sweetness to overpower the taste of the sausage, but there’s not so little that I can barely taste it, either.

The pork sausage and pancake balance is also good. I’ve always been the sort of person who takes a bite of pancake and a bite of sausage together. They taste better that way, at ...

• Jimmy Dean Pancakes and Sausage on a Stick
      least to me. This product makes my indulgence easy: every bite is full of both pancake and sausage.

Right now, Jimmy Dean makes three varieties. I prefer the original, which is the subject of this review. You can also buy two other types of pancake batter: chocolate chip or blueberry. I don’t know how those flavors would taste with pork sausage, but I wouldn’t mind trying them if I saw them at my local store.

This is mass-produced, frozen food. I don’t have any delusions about the sausage and pancake on a stick being healthy, good for me, et cetera.

I know that this is probably fattening, but I don’t care. I’m eating Jimmy Dean pork sausage with sweetened pancake wrapped around it. This stuff is supposed to be bad for my health. This food is fast, fun and convenient, though, which is really the important thing where my breakfast is concerned.

Overall, this product is well worth the six dollars and change that I pay for it at my local store. Jimmy Dean makes other heat-and-go types of breakfast foods, but I’ll probably stick to this one for the most part because it’s the most convenient of them all.

Donna says :

I do not have a working mircrowave and wanted to know how to heat the Pancakes and Sausage on a Stick in my oven.

John says :

Place them in the oven set at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

Galega says :

The first thing you need to do is obviously to get your microwave oven fixed. It needs to be working if you want to heat pancakes and sausage in it. Here are three simple steps to do so:
Remove from wrapper and place on a microwave-safe plate.
Microwave on HIGH for 50-55 seconds or until hot. For compact or microwave ovens lower than 800 watts, add 10-15 seconds, if needed.
Let stand in microwave for 1 minute before serving.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271712258880631/k2311a1217/12.17.07