Euro-Pro 88  » Electronics  »
  • We needed a second sewing machine that was capable of some heavy-duty sewing so I bought the Euro-Pro 88 stitch function sewing machine for $100CDN
  • If you are looking for a second sewing machine to do heavy work on, or just starting out with a sewing machine, I wholeheartedly recommend you buy the Euro-Pro X 88 stitch sewing machine, it simply can�t be beat for the price

• by Melissa Glenn

We needed a second sewing machine that was capable of some heavy-duty sewing so I bought the Euro-Pro 88 stitch function sewing machine for $100CDN. Despite being a discount brand, this sewing machine proved to be quite heavy and being able to do 88 different stitches was great for me as I often sew professionally.

The Euro-Pro weighs about 15 pounds and comes

equipped with an electronic foot peddle and automatic bobbin feeder, which is fantastic as feeding thread in by hand is way to time consuming for me. Once the bobbin is fed in, it automatically drops down electronically so I can begin sewing right away. Even better, if I am sewing heavy fabric I can take the arm off the sewing machine ...

• and sew free-arm.

I was surprised to find that this discount sewing machine did have an automatic buttonhole maker. Too often I find, the cheaper sewing machines do not have this function and making a buttonhole manually can eat up a lot of time for a seamstress. In fact the only negative thing I can find to say about the Euro-Pro X Sewing

machine is that it offers only 3 different stitch lengths, even though it offers 88 different stitch options including embroidery and fancy stitches.

If you are looking for a second sewing machine to do heavy work on, or just starting out with a sewing machine, I wholeheartedly recommend you buy the Euro-Pro X 88 stitch sewing machine, it simply can�t be beat for the price!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161712258700631/k2311a1217/12.17.07