Darling Harbour  » Travel  »
Sydney, Australia
  • The area is definitely clean, fun, quiet and not severely over-priced
  • My mom noticed that right up to the right, there was this particular fountain, and there were concrete steps tiered in similar manner of an old Greek amphitheater
  • The dinner prices were above an average dinner cost, but not extremely high
  • Last but not least, I definitely recommend Darling Harbour to anyone out there

• by deadpoet

Darling Harbour is located in Sydney, Australia and my whole family have been to this particular travel destination before. The area is definitely clean, fun, quiet and not severely over-priced. We were thrilled to discover that there was a definitely an easy walk from the heart of Circular Quay.

We also did walk off the overpass bridge and down the steps and the first thing grabbed our attention was the huge IMAX Theater off to the left of you which there were lots of great movies on the gigantic screen that made us feel that we were part of the action or something. My mom noticed that right up to the right, there was this particular fountain, and there were concrete steps tiered in similar manner

of an old Greek amphitheater. The area provided plenty of seating for those walking about, and the weather luckily was great at that time.

We explored further and found this really nice sized strip mall and the type of atmosphere being without the sterile nature strip malls have. The scene is something like that of the San Francisco pier environment. Within the mall itself, there appears to be many shops and restaurants, and there was this particular pub that spill out into the outside and beam with the spirit of good clean fun. But I just looked through and did not try out and buy anything from the pub though. My always-complaining sister then said that she was tired and all of us stopped for ...

• a while and ate. We had some very good steak and seafood, and there were also a large Indian restaurant where the food was most definitely excellent as well. Another choice that we saw but did not try was this particular pub restaurant which made it possible for you to grill your own steaks.

I noticed a really nice park that sits to the right of that area with a garden and trees to soothe the urban dweller. We took some great pictures and were so enthralled by the amazingly good views. Even the air smelled so fresh and great. There were lots of places to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet in the center of the big city. I personally felt that the restaurants

are more expensive than the others, but there were definitely a good quality to justify it. It is especially so that these restaurants are being located in the downtown area as it is. The dinner prices were above an average dinner cost, but not extremely high. If I could still remember correctly, the average dinner will cost about 24 USD in most cases. But then, most souvenirs and other touristy items will cost more there as well unless you hit it off season. From then on would there be amazingly great and decent deals.

We noticed that there were also lots of people with cameras and they were all busy taking pictures and chattering with one another. Last but not least, I definitely recommend Darling Harbour to anyone out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381712258430531/k2311a1217/12.17.07