Lizard Island  » Travel  »
Queensland, Australia
  • The guide/ranger told us that Lizard Island is also known for having some of the best black marlin fishing in the world
  • But then, the charters are available at an additional cost
  • The views were most definitely awesome and we also had a free tour of the research station, which is quite interesting and informative
  • It took around 45 minutes by boat and it was really a whirlwind experience
  • I really love this island and would love to come back again

• by deadpoet

Lizard Island is really gorgeous and this great travel destination is located in Queensland, Australia. This beautiful island has a really world-class facilities and amenities. I went with my boyfriend and we really felt that this island is a great romantic spot for the both of us. This Lizard Island is truly a magical place. For instance, there is a particular resort and it is private and the beaches were breathtaking. We both felt that the restaurant was excellent too and gave out a high quality food taste, with a great and considerable price.

The island itself is small and certainly looked quite private. There is a research station on the south side of the island and that is open for tours. We went to chck out some several walking

trails to explore and that lead us to a hilltop lookout and an isolated beach. And we decided to do it although it was kind of hot for a long hike. My best advice is to bring water along as well as your snorkel gear.

We then went to stop by the restaurant and place our orders for a picnic lunch. The taste was really nice and awesome and there were food like sandwiches, king prawns, cheeses and fruits of all kinds. There was also a particular great service and both my boyfriend and I went around to a private beach elsewhere on the island. But of course, we had the advice from the person in charge at that time.

The guide/ranger told us that Lizard Island is also known ...

• for having some of the best black marlin fishing in the world. But then, the charters are available at an additional cost. We did not try that out though. Instead, we were looking at some people doing some saltwater flyfishing and light tackle fishing.

As far as other activities go, we went snorkeling and we also managed to check out some other local snorkeling spots. There appeared to be some nice reefs right off the beach as well as some giant clam gardens a short hike away. The views were most definitely awesome and we also had a free tour of the research station, which is quite interesting and informative. We also saw some dive boats that sort of took us to the nearby reefs and

also to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. It took around 45 minutes by boat and it was really a whirlwind experience.

But my boyfriend and I were pretty disappointed to find that the dive and snorkel boats were at an additional charge. But luckily, it was a lot of fun and the snorkeling and everything else was amazing, really. The guides accompanying us were divided into different groups at all times and if you get tired they will provide a flotation device to help you along the way.

Coming back to the resort, we had a nice dinner. The menu was also great and different on each night of our stay. So, we were never disappointed. I really love this island and would love to come back again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381712258410531/k2311a1217/12.17.07