TouchSmart IQ770
  • So, after a few days after he had set up and used it to his heart's content, while he was asleep, I decided to give it a try
  • I definitely felt that the touchscreen feature/function is an unlikely Kitchen Computer which is HP's term
  • I thought initially that there are 20 watts total which is alright, but my brother tried connecting the 80 watt 2.1 speakers to its headphone jack to get that in-your-face aural experience

• by deadpoet

My dad just bought my youngest brother a TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop by Hewlett Packard. I don’t know for what he pleads my dad night and day, day and night for this type of PC Desktop. So, after a few days after he had set up and used it to his heart’s content, while he was asleep, I decided to give it a try.

I definitely felt that the touchscreen feature/function is an unlikely “Kitchen Computer” which is HP’s term. But then, it does have enough new features which includes Windows Vista to whet my interest and I suppose just about almost anyone. There are widgets too and I suppose it sets out a good fun of a new erector set.

Okay, now for more details of

this PC. Let me describe this PC. Now, no-nonsense information here. This HP Desktop is a hybrid desktop/notebook PC and it is neither here, nor there. Everything is covered/designed in black, so you need to like black. So plainly put, there are no other color options, it’s black. As for the main unit, it has a 10″ deep by 16″ wide footprint on the desk. This means that the unit sort of hold all or stores all the motherboard components along with all the various connections and the DVD drive.

Talking about the display unit, it is connected perpindicular to the main one. There is an LCD screen and integrated speakers. I did observe that the display unit’s dimensions are 22″ wide, 12.5″ high, and ...

• 2″ deep. These are the lowest mount position and its bottom frame is 3.25″ off the desktop; at its highest mount position. Uniformly, it’s sort of a grab-and-move adjustable form/feature.

The bottom frame is 6.5″ off the desktop. So it is a fact that not only does it adjust vertically but it adjusts angularly as well. I did try and experiment and can tilt it (from the top) backwards and it seems to be appearing about 20-degrees. The thing does not really swivel left or right, though; but neither does your notebook’s LCD.

Okay, enough technical feature. I felt a need to review that, since I have been wondering for ages on why HP keeps producing newer and newere PCs. As for the speakers, there are two

integrated side ones measuring 10.5″ x 2.25″. I thought initially that there are 20 watts total which is alright, but my brother tried connecting the 80 watt 2.1 speakers to its headphone jack to get that in-your-face aural experience. Awesome, right?

The touchscreen LCD works well too and kind of alright to me. The screen has this remarkably fingerprint resistant feature that I find really cool and personally, I would encourage you to use your fingernail, lightly, to cut down on the possible smear over time.

So, really last but not least, the overall effect is great, and I am starting to understand a bit on why my brother wants this PC so much. It is cool, slick and have this technical-jargon features that guys like him will love.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 191712258370531/k2311a1217/12.17.07