Cape Town
South Africa
  • There are lots of things to be done, besides the pretty scary shark experience
  • Last but not least, the accommodations were also great and I highly recommend going to Cape Town

• by deadpoet

For my trip to Cape Town before with my boyfriend before, we spent close to $1500 for the airfare. That was non-avoidable because the distance is really far and Cape Town is a great place visited by many tourists since the last few years.

There are lots of great adventure at great value, and although the airfare is really expensive, the adventure thrills and spills were not so, and could total up around the same price as the airfare, if you are really thrifty. I was quite scared when I heard about the great white shard dive the tour guide told us about that we could be doing. My boyfriend was like 50/50 and I was certainly on ground zero no-no. I didn’t want to risk anything at all. There were however some tourists

in our group that went for the great dive and I prayed for them. The price for that adventure thrill wasn’t expensive at all, and I could understand why.

But make no mistake about Cape Town

being a great place, really. There are lots of things to be done, besides the pretty scary shark experience. For instance, me and boyfriend did went to look at some penguins. You might be surprised to find penguins around in Africa but there are, really. We were brought by our tour guide to the Boulders of Cape Peninsula National Park, and I saw some of them there strutting nicely on the beach-side. They were really awesome and cute-looking. I also saw some cute polar bears in the National Park and my boyfriend was really happy to see all these ...

• cute animals.

We also went to the enjoy a boat tour of the Hout Bay and we paid around $5. The day was filled with a great and nice weather and I saw lots of people/tourists. Most of them were enjoying the views from the deck area and we saw a curve of the shoreline and was told that it was actually the Duiker Island. Duiker Island looks like a huge rock and the island was totally covered with seals. Truly lovely and breathtaking. Cape Town is really a nature-filled place and I could imagine why people will not ever want to leave their home, should it be there. So, back to the seals, we saw them swimming along-side our boat and it was really a great up-close and personal. That was like the

closest I’ve come to viewing seals and lots of people were taking out their cameras to take this exclusive photograph of them. It was as though the seals were showing off their skills and swimming nearby to our boat; side by side for a good 5 minutes.

So, not only animals,, there are also lots of other tourist attractions in Cape Town. For instance, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and check out also the Planet Hollywood there. We also managed to go to the Alfred Waterfront and this harbor area was truly gorgeous. There were lots of shopping activities that we saw and during the evening time, there were also great activities that we did. Last but not least, the accommodations were also great and I highly recommend going to Cape Town.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381712258270531/k2311a1217/12.17.07