License to Wed  » Movies  »
  • When we finally watched it, I was not disappointed
  • In a fashion I�ve come accustomed to in his movies, I found myself wondering if he really was insane or if there was a method to his madness
  • It was amazing how he always seemed to be a step ahead of the couple whenever they tried to violate any of his rules
  • And, if there were requirements like the ones outlined in this movie, I think the divorce rate would be down (if nothing else, because nobody would want to get married)
  • If you�re anyone else and are looking to watch a great film, this is a movie I would recommend to you

• by Steve

For a while, comedian Robin Williams pretty much just slipped off the face of the Earth. Whenever he did have a good movie, it was more of a drama than an actual comedy. But, recently, he seems to have found himself again. First, there was RV, which turned out to be better than expected. And, more recently, was License to

Wed.

When we rented License to Wed, I wasn�t sure what to expect. It looked funny on the previews but most movies do. When we finally watched it, I was not disappointed.

Williams is absolutely hilarious as a minister who requires couples to pass his marriage course before he will perform the wedding ceremony. In a fashion I�ve come accustomed to in his movies, I found myself wondering if he really was insane or if there was a method to his madness; which included bugging apartments and having the bride-to-be drive blindfolded while her future husband instructed her on what to do. It was amazing how he always seemed to be a step ahead of the couple whenever they tried to violate ...

• License to Wed
      any of his rules.

If anything, the movie also has a nice message to it. Couples do sometimes rush into marriage, thinking their love will get them through all the hardships. And, if there were requirements like the ones outlined in this movie, I think the divorce rate would be down (if nothing else, because nobody would want to get married).

I know some of the scenes in the film got my wife and me talking.

If you�re a couple that is about to get married, this is definitely a movie you must see; no exceptions. If you�re anyone else and are looking to watch a great film, this is a movie I would recommend to you; whether you�re married or not.

License to Wed

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111712258160531/k2311a1217/12.17.07