Regent Palace London  » Hotels  »
0.5
London - UK
  • Another thing outside the hotel, which added to the stress for me and my aunt would be the over-priced cab-rides

• by deadpoet

Regent Palace Hotel is in London, and my aunt and I have been to this particular hotel that is really a negative one for us. There were basically rude employees, a nasty smelling hallway and also rude employees. I don’t know why the hotel staff were all particularly rude and the minute we arrived, we had been getting some hostile stares from all the staff.

The room that we had, on the other hand, was small and very noisy and the fact that the showers were filthy sent us really crazy. We complained this matter to the concierge staff, and we then had gotten some ill-crazy small talk of formed sentences to either make do with it or get lost. Of course, they were not communicated to us in the exact sentences,

but more rather in a gentler way, but the message was clear. Rude, right? Totally unbecoming. We really could not get the matter of the hallways smell and there were 2 days in a row that the staff did not wake us up. They were totally unreliable and perhaps plain lazy, I don’t know.

The heater also didn’t warm the room up and right until my almost berserk aunt called in the staff to send the repairman up immediately. Perhaps she half shouted or something and game was over and minutes later, a burly-looking man fixed all up. The room was warm then since. Another thing outside the hotel, which added to the stress for me and my aunt would be the over-priced cab-rides. We were so angry and we ...

• were actually wanting to tour a part of London and doing some basic shopping. But the matters with the hotel and also the over-priced cab-rides made us really on a foul mood. The internet access was down almost the whole time, and we had to look for another cyber cafe to write some emails and sent them.

As for other things, I remember that there were no clean showers the whole time. So, if you happen to see the housekeeping staff, make sure you tell your heart out. Really, if not, they will keep quiet like in the case of me and my aunt. I really felt regretful coming to this hotel, and it was a hotel that we sort of stumbled upon and thought that it would be good.

This hotel is just

another dirty hotel, with many rooms on the floor slammed shut, (don’t know why) and do not expect privacy, because the noises went up until 3 to 5 AM. My aunt labeled those noises as the stupid ghost noises made by the other hotel guests who got nothing better to do than sleep. They were like lifeless souls or something and we really were affected in our sleep.

As for other bad and worst things, I forgot to mention that I had never come across such a rude housekeeper. I felt really like punching her head virtually, when my aunt requested for an extra towel and she sort of give a “whatever” look and continued doing her work. She gave the towel the second time though.

So, ergggh to this hotel, and I give it a 0.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21512258030731/k2311a1215/12.15.07