Copacabana Palace  » Hotels  »
Rio de Janeiro
  • I was surprised that the hotel is in a terrific financial shape, and I thought that it was one of those hotels that will be closing down soon, but I was wrong
  • As for dining and other facilities, there was a big swimming pool that I remember seeing and me and the rest enjoyed having breakfast buffet there as well
  • We also were enjoying dining food options which were many and tasted delicious
  • It could be pretty boring in this hotel, so do bring a novel or some sort if you must stay for more than 2 days

• by deadpoet

The Copacabana Palace which I have been to located in Rio de Janeiro is really great and awesome fun. I went with my boyfriend and some friends of his and we were all visiting there for the sheer fun of it and wanting to visit Rio de Janeiro actually.

The hotel is not a grand one, don’t get me wrong but then, the hotel maintains its fragile dignity in spite of its newer rival hotels. The maintenance is not that good, but certainly not that bad either. This is perhaps one of the hotels that have an “O.K” stamp on it, which is neither this nor that, ha! But then again, the prices are not that expensive and I felt that it is a good worth stay there for the few days that we

stayed.

However, the minute we arrived, we were approached by one of the staff and the person brought us to the concierge area. I was surprised that the hotel is in a terrific financial shape, and I thought that it was one of those hotels that will be closing down soon, but I was wrong. So were the others that came with me for this trip. The lobby is small but certainly looked attractive and functional. One look at it and I was enchanted already by the marble desks facing each other across a travertine floor. Not only that, there was this particular staircase that leads to the ballrooms on the next floor or so. We had gotten 2 suites to be shared amongst us all and the suites were quite spacious.

• Not that really big and spacious though. There was like this theme of English country house and that was evident in the Architectural prints of Castle paintings on the walls and stuff like that. There was also a very large dressing room that doubled up as a closet area and I thought that everything was made warm and nice. There was a very big and spacious balcony that overlooked the pool terrace that was really awesome and pretty. The chairs and a small table provided made us happy to set up breakfasts there and we chatted non-stop for the remaining hours of the morning.

Besides all these, there was also an Executive Lounge and this lounge is reserved for guests on the fifth and sixth floors of the Main Building. Don’t know why though.

Luckily, all guests were served drinks all day and on some of the days that we were there, there was a small buffet in the evenings. Awesome.

As for dining and other facilities, there was a big swimming pool that I remember seeing and me and the rest enjoyed having breakfast buffet there as well. We also were enjoying dining food options which were many and tasted delicious. There were some shops in the hotel, and one that I remember naming Orient Express Boutique. The prices are over the top though and I did not buy things there at all.

It could be pretty boring in this hotel, so do bring a novel or some sort if you must stay for more than 2 days. I give this hotel review an 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21512258020731/k2311a1215/12.15.07