Verizon Wireless Cellular Service
  • I previously was a verizon wireless customer and I was satisified with verizon's service
  • However, I do not like their pay-as-you go (pre-paid)plans
  • So, if you cannot get on a regular monthly bill with Verizon Wireless and/or you do not want to pay a deposit if asked to do so, then I would suggest that you look into other cellular services

• by Gwynita Leggington

Verizon Wireless is a great company. They have excellent cellular service. I previously was a verizon wireless customer and I was satisified with verizon’s service. However, I do not like their pay-as-you go (pre-paid)plans.

If you become a Verizon Wireless customer, you can either sign-up for a monthly plan or choose the pay-as-you go route. In order to qualify for the monthly plan (where you are billed for your services), you must have excellent

credit or they will require you to put down a deposit. Sometimes the deposit is as high as $400. So, if you do not have good credit, be prepared to pay a deposit.

Or you can choose to go the pre-paid route. I feel that Verizon’s pre-paid plans do not offer you enough anytime/daytime minutes. And you do not receive free weekends, nor a text messaging package with the pre-paid option. You will ...

• actually receive double the amount of minutes for less money if you are on a regular monthly plan with them.

Fortunately, you do receive free calls to other verizon wireless customers. Also, two of the three pre-paid plans gives you free nights. But you are charged a daily service charge with each of the three pre-paid plans ranging from .99-$2.99 per day. I feel that this is a total rip-off. You have

already paid to have minutes added to your phone and then you have to pay a daily service charge (only on the days that you actually use the phone, which is everyday for me).

So, if you cannot get on a regular monthly bill with Verizon Wireless and/or you do not want to pay a deposit if asked to do so, then I would suggest that you look into other cellular services. That is what I did.

Verizon Wireless Cellular Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221412257440531/k2311a1214/12.14.07