Devils Food Cake mix  » Recipes  »
  • My husband has a favorite that is so simple to make, and delicious to eat that I make it for him often
  • I think it tastes better after 24 hours and the pudding has the chance to really soak into the cake

• by Dana Lynn P.

I am the type of person that has a great fondness for desserts, especially chocolate ones! My husband has a favorite that is so simple to make, and delicious to eat that I make it for him often.

Devils Food Cake mix

1 large box of chocolate Jello pudding or 2 small boxes

tub of Cool Whip

slivered almonds (optional)

Make the Devils Food Cake according to the directions on the box. When it is finished, let it completely cool.

You’ll make the pudding according to the directions as well. Refrigerate until the cake is ready.

When the cake is cool. Cut it into cubes and ...

• place in the deep dish or bowl you are using. I usually only need about 3/4 of the cake.

Next, layer the pudding on top of the cake.

Cool Whip covers the pudding completely. I usually put a pretty thick layer on for our household. My husband loves Cool Whip!

Finally, sprinkle

the almonds on the top of the layer of Cool Whip.

Cover and chill for a couple of hours. I think it tastes better after 24 hours and the pudding has the chance to really soak into the cake. Really, you can eat it right away. It all boils down to personal preference.

Ashiela N says :

I agree that the cake will taste better overnight I guess its because all the ingredients and flavor has combined and set together.

Baking with cake mix is easy. Devil Food Cake Mix by Betty Crocker is especially good.

Tracy says :

Adding a can of cherry pie filling on the cake before adding the whipped cream and almonds is amazing Then is is black forest cake

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491412257120431/k2311a1214/12.14.07