Hwa Yuan Chinese Restaurant
Research Boulevard, Austin, Texas
  • I also do not recommend the California Roll or Fried Chicken - both dishes were bland and my dining friends who ordered them said they lacked taste
  • What I like best about Hwa Yuan is the customer service

• by LuckyGrl

Hwa Yuan Chinese Restaurant is located on Research Boulevard in Austin, Texas. Hwa Yuan features daily buffet, dine-in, take out and free delivery. Hwa Yuan’s staff is pleasant and helpful.

If any mistakes are made with your order, they correct it immediately with a smile. I have eaten at Hwa Yuan several times and enjoy the food and atmosphere.

I’ve also had food delivered and encountered no problems with my

order. Delivery during peak times (early evening or lunch) can take up to an hour, so placing your order early is key.

My favorite dishes are Variety Noodles which are rice noodles with pork, chicken and vegetables, Egg Rolls and Shrimp Deep Fried With Spicy Salt. I do not like Hwa Yuan’s dumplings, as they are large pieces of dough with a bit of filling thrown in.

I’ve never had ...

• them properly cooked whether I ordered them fried or steamed. The edges were hard and inedible, as well.

I also do not recommend the California Roll or Fried Chicken - both dishes were bland and my dining friends who ordered them said they lacked taste. The various fried rice dishes are good, as are the lo mien dishes.

What I like best about Hwa Yuan is the customer service: staff

really wants you to enjoy your dining experience and they will do whatever is necessary to ensure that happens. Is this the very best Chinese food I’ve eaten? No.

But it is fairly authentic and the chefs will prepare according to you instructions regarding spice and salt content. The prices are reasonable and dress is casual.

Hwa Yuan is a great place to take your family and have a decent dinner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71312256670131/k2311a1213/12.13.07