HughesNet Satellite Internet
  • I paid a discounted installation fee and signed up for the lowest monthly charge
  • I have had only one negative experience with HughesNet
  • I love the automatic billing service, and my monthly fees are $59.99

• by LuckyGrl
      HughesNet Satellite Internet is a great service. We used dial-up for years, but recently became a poor option. I researched all the options in my area - wireless, dsl, satellite, and spoke with several providers before choosing HughesNet. I chose HughesNet because they could commit to a time to come to my home and assess the property for installation, perform the installation that day and HughesNet has licensed installers who were available within one week of my order.

None of the other providers were able (or willing) to assess my property that quickly. The

HughesNet customer service representative I placed my order with was knowledgeable and patient. I had a lot of questions! She took the time to talk with me and explain my contract, pricing, services and answer my numerous questions.

I paid a discounted installation fee and signed up for the lowest monthly charge. When the installer came, he was also professional and helpful. He explained about the dish hookup and what to do if outages occurred.

I was given documentation for my hardware and his business card. We opted for the lower monthly fee because ...

• our internet usage normally does not include large downloads or uploads. If we ever need this option, I will upgrade.

I have had only one negative experience with HughesNet. One day the satellite connection was gone and I called customer service. The technical service representative was extremely rude and I had difficulty understanding what he was telling me.

He got angry about that and was not willing to repeat what he was saying so I could understand and follow his directions. The good part is that one day after our telephone conversation, I was

sent an email rating the technical rep’s performance. Of course, I explained what happened and that I did not appreciate the rep’s attitude.

I have never experienced any other problems, even though some people have said they have frequent outages. I love the automatic billing service, and my monthly fees are $59. 99.

With my former provider, I was paying about $20 monthly, and I could not log on 75% of the time. The pages load quickly, I can trust that the service will be there and if I do have a complaint, HughesNet wants to know.

HughesNet Satellite Internet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211312256281231/k2311a1213/12.13.07