Carlyle All Purpose English Saddle
2.5
  • It's not the best quality leather, but the seat is soft
  • I found this out by trail riding, and by the time we were back at the barn, I was ready to get off my horse
  • I don't think I would purchase this saddle again, just because the leather quality is so poor
  • I paid a total of $800 for the Carlyle, leathers, irons and shipping costs

• by LuckyGrl

I purchased a Carlyle All Purpose English saddle earlier this year. I needed a saddle that would fit my new horse and also be good for working on the flat (equitation). I did not want to buy an expensive saddle, and the Carlyle was in the medium low price range.

The Carlyle is what I hoped it would be - a good, solid saddle for flatting my

horse. The Carlyle is made in Argentina, and the leather took a while to break in.

It’s not the best quality leather, but the seat is soft. The flaps are still pretty stiff, even after cleaning and conditioning.

The saddle isn’t quality leather, but I knew that when I purchased it. My biggest complaint about the Carlyle is that if I am riding my horse for more ...

• than an hour, the seat is extremely uncomfortable and I feel as if I am sitting on wood.

I found this out by trail riding, and by the time we were back at the barn, I was ready to get off my horse! You spend a lot of time in this saddle, so don’t buy it unless you will use it primarily for schooling your horse or

lessons. I wouldn’t use it for jumping, either.

The seat is not forward and deep. Again, this saddle is great for equitation.

It fit my horse very well, and he is a large barreled thoroughbred with high withers. I don’t think I would purchase this saddle again, just because the leather quality is so poor.

I paid a total of $800 for the Carlyle, leathers, irons and shipping costs.

Kayla says :

re : It’s not the best quality leather, but the seat is soft
    I bought my saddle used and i noticed that the color of the saddle was wearing off in some section but overall it was a good first saddle

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121112256180231/k2311a1211/12.11.07