Alice in Wonderland book
2.0
  • However, I think about the thin line between dream and reality

• by Tory
      What an adventure! I find Alice’s adventure very unrealistic and silly sometimes, but it makes sense that it is merely a dream. However, I think about the thin line between dream and reality.

For instance, Alice started to grow bigger towards the end of he dream, signifying that she is nearing reality.

Carroll successfully goes into the mind of a young girl, presenting to us Alice’s intimate thought

processes, which are realistic of a child’s.

One cannot help thinking back of one’s own childhood days of daydreams filled with adventures that are childish on hindsight.

Nevertheless, one may get nostalgic of the days when one’s imagination can be so wild, when the sky’s the limit.

After being exposed to life’s cruelties, one just never really steps into such an imaginary world.

Carroll presents to us lots ...

• of puns and play on English words.

Some may not be obvious upon one reading.

This story calls for multiple readings to be able to spot more and more of the play on words.

I like the way Time gets personified.

I once wrote a poem with Time personified as well.

I feel that we have to get to know and understand Time, like getting to know a

friend, and only then will Time slow down and wait for us.

Another particular incident that left an impression is the pun on lessons (lessen), when the Mock Turtle describes his lessons as getting shorter each day.

I’m curious to know what happens on the twelfth day as well, will there be no lesson? But I guess that’s left to our own imagination, just like many other instances in this story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17161225610831/k2311a1216/12.16.05