Sylvania Microwave  » Electronics  »
2.3
  • And, for the most part, I'm not disappointed, but rather happy that I saved more money than the suckers who think that they have to buy a name brand product just because it is supposedly better or something

• by Walter Stevens
      There are a lot of people who shy away from non-name brand products. Not me, I embrace them.

And, for the most part, I’m not disappointed, but rather happy that I saved more money than the suckers who think that they

have to buy a name brand product just because it is supposedly better or something.

Sometimes this is true.

But with a microwave? A microwave is a microwave, and my Sylvania works just as well as any other microwave I’ve ever ...

• seen in my life.

Soft touch easy to use microwave.

Beeps to let me know if I’ve left something in the microwave too long.

Popcorn button.

Defrost by weight, cook by weight, all sorts of buttons.

Works great.

I love the thing (I’m a microwave chef!) Looking for a microwave? Sylvania’s microwave products are good quality and they last.

Want to save 10, 20 bucks, go for it with Sylvania.

No one will blame you.

I certainly won’t.

Good stuff.

Crystal Jones says :

I am the secretary for The Health and Environmental Department at Columbus State University in Columbus Georgia. We have a Sylvania microwave that is not working properly. It beeps and will not cook. Can we reset the microwave, or will we need a new one? The microwave oven is only one year old, and do not think it should have stopped working one year from purchase. Any suggestions? Thank you, Crystal Jones

John says :

If the microwave is not responding to anything, this could be caused by a number of problems. You didn’t give me details so it’s difficult to be precise. If none of the buttons are responding when you press them, there’s likely to be a problem with the control panel. If the microwaves turning on, but just not getting hot, it’s likely to be a problem with the magnatron. If you’re within one year, the microwave is likely to be still under warranty. I would recommend against opening for repairs if it is. You should contact Sylvania to have it repaired. Here’s their contact number, if you need it: 1-800-654-0089

Galega says :

Sylvania is a quality product and should not have stopped working within one year. Your oven is turning on, but not heating properly that’s it is not able to cook anything. Your microwave may turn on but not heat up. This could be caused by a problem with the high voltage diode, which helps to power the magnetron. The high voltage diode is located in the cabinet.

It may not be possible for you to troubleshoot it. You need to take it to the nearest service center. Or, you can call a service engineer and let him fix the problem.

Daniel says :

le mode d`emplye

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16161225580631/k2311a1216/12.16.05