Bioinformatics Institute of India
0.5
Noida India
  • Some two years back I decided to do distance learning course in Bioinformatics

• by Dr. Roshan Singh Negi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Some two years back I decided to do distance learning course in Bioinformatics. I saw an advertisement of Bioinformatics Institute of India, providing distance learning advanced Post Graduate diploma in bioinformatics.

After going through the website and agreeing with their commitment to get quality study material, I applied for the course.

After a month or so I got my registration letter from the institute.

It was a single page badly Photostatted form having Photostatted official seal.

The officials even don’t bother to put original seal over the letter.

Later on I received the first assignment of the study material and I couldn’t believe such irresponsible persons are running the institute.

They send me very cheap books, having lots of typographic mistakes, written by the institute’s teaching staff itself.

...

• The matter was such that one has to prepare notes to study the course.

Now if the institute has advertised that it is a distance learning part time course for working personnels then why they dispatched me such a fake study material, which could have utilized our full time besides confusing us simultaneously.

I wrote to them later but they didn’t reply, and finally

I have to quit the course, as I was not having this much time to again purchase books for the course and prepare notes.

Because of this institute I quit the idea to do the course from some other institute also.

And I have suffered/suffering a loss because of this Institute.

Kedar says :

Hello Dr Rohan, When did you try to get a degree from Bii ? My wife is interested in doing a correspondence course from Bii. Hence this information will be useful to us. Also can you comment on how is a degree certificate from Bii rated in the clinical research industry. Does it carry enough value to get you a desect job ? Regards, Kedar

Galega says :

Hi Kedar,

The Clinical Research Industry is one of the most burgeoning sectors of India. The demand for qualified professionals is huge and there is quite a lack good professionals. Bioinformatics Institute is quite reputed in its area. Moreover, its location, that is NOIDA near New Delhi, gives it upper hand. You can consider this institute for a better future for your wife.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 50912255640731/k2311a129/12.9.07