Allardt TN
  • Every person that I have ever spoke to, said they enjoyed going
  • But I think that it stinks that we can only have something like this once a year

• by Sherry

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I have lived in a very small town, Allardt for about twelve years. There is not any type of entertainment opportunities in this area other than the park. However, we are well known for the Big Pumpkin Festival.

We have this festival in the first week of October every year. This year was the largest turnout ever! We had about ten thousand people attend this year.

There are so many different types of entertainment offered at

that time, that the young and old can enjoy! There are several different boothes that offers many different types of food. Ranging from local churches setting up boothes that offers good old fashioned country cooking to those that offer pizza’s and other fast foods.

There are also boothes that offer nothing but junk food. There is always different types of entertainment offered in front of the Allardt Municipal Building.

They have different bands come and play ...

• music ranging from bluegrass to country music. They also have pageants of many kinds.

This year there was face painting offered and many different crafts to look at and or buy. We also have the Harley Riders and those that collect the antique cars that are here every year.

There is also the pumpkin and watermelon weigh off. They have prizes for whom ever has the biggest one.

They take pictures and publish them in the

local newspaper. Every person that I have ever spoke to, said they enjoyed going.

But I think that it stinks that we can only have something like this once a year! The drug use in this town is high and I feel that if we had more things that offered good clean fun for our kids that things would be much better for our community!

Allardt TN

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59712255021131/k2311a127/12.7.07