Nissan Skyline GT-R34  » Cars  »
  • I went over to check out the white GT-R34 as I love that colour the most
  • In my opinion, the GT-R34 is the most masculine of all Skylines produced by Nissan to date
  • For me to own one, I think the probable way is to save up for a year or two, then look for one good second hand GT-R34, which at that time would probably be priced at around RM100,000

• by dreckker
      Many of my friends know that the GT-R34 is one of my dream cars ever since I knew how to drive, so one of them called me up on a weekend to tell me that one of the local grey auto dealers just received shipment of a few re-conditioned Skyline GT-R34s, and asked me whether I would want to go have a look, maybe arrange for a test drive. I’ve test drove the Skyline GT-R32, GT-R33 as well as the GT-T34, but no a real GT-R34, so of course I went to pick him up, and headed towards the showroom straight away.

True enough, there were 4 Skyline GT-R34s sitting handsomely in the showroom. Two of them were grey, one yellow

and the last one pearl white. I went over to check out the white GT-R34 as I love that colour the most. In my opinion, the GT-R34 is the most masculine of all Skylines produced by Nissan to date. With a more aggressive front, a wider body as well as 18″ rims with Pirelli tires, just by looking at the car one would know that it is the real deal - RAW POWER!

A test drive was arranged. I sat in the driver’s seat, and everything seemed right. Space was ample for the two front passengers. The bucket seats secured us well, yet were pretty comfortable. I started the engine, and just by pressing the throttle sent adrenaline rushing in us ...

• as the 280 BHP engine roars menacingly.

It was a 30 minutes test drive around town, but to me it seemed to be only 5 minutes because it was an ultimate trill to drive that time just flew, and I was actually quite reluctant to return the car. The acceleration was simple amazing. The 280 BHP RBDETT26 engine is no joke! The car pulled from 0 - 100 KM/H in under 6 seconds, and that was without me flooring the gas. With a few tweaks to the exhaust, manifold, turbo and the ECU, the engine could easily hit over 320 BHP… such an awesome machine.

Handling of the car was a breeze, especially with its all-wheel-drive setup with LSD, and stopping

the car was made easy with all 4 Brembo disc brakes. It has everything a man need in a car - aggressive looks, masculine body-line, raw power, great handling and comfortable interior. The white one even came with my favorite sunroof!

Overall, it was a satisfying test drive, and I got to actually test drive my dream car around. The price tag of RM160,000 is too much for me, and I’ll have to save up for quite some time just for the down-payment. For me to own one, I think the probable way is to save up for a year or two, then look for one good second hand GT-R34, which at that time would probably be priced at around RM100,000.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9712254931131/k2311a127/12.7.07