Dark Warrior Rising by Ed Greenwood
  • Dark Warrior Rising by Ed Greenwood is one of the best Fantasy novels I've read in a long time
  • My only problem is that Greenwood should come up with a better way to call some of his Nilf-shes beautiful without just calling them 'beautiful' all the time

• by AlwaysLooking

Its been a long time since I’ve sat down and read a good book in less than a month without wanting to put it down for some good video game playing or two. Dark Warrior Rising by Ed Greenwood is one of the best Fantasy novels I’ve read in a long time.

Even if it followed the typical slave and some outcasts rising in power that I often

roll my eyes at in the bookstores, I had fun reading over the many descriptions placed all over the pages by Greenwood.

The author is a genius who knows how to put Norse mythology research, his own world building, and description together without getting in the way of the plot.

I could actually picture the world of the dark elves vividly as they brutally slaughtered each other in ...

• their day to day activities.

This book is gritty and not afraid to kill off its characters.

Shoot, one main character gets her arm cut off while another one’s head gets cut off and thrown brutally in front of the good guys as a warning! My only problem is that Greenwood should come up with a better way to call some of his Nilf-shes beautiful without just

calling them ‘beautiful’ all the time.

Also, Taerune using ‘the only arm that she had left’ gets really annoying to read over and over and especially at the end of the book because I got it the first the time.

I give this book an 8 because it was a nice break from the dark elven Gary-stu named Drizzt that often floods the dark elf fiction of today.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17512254180731/k2311a125/12.5.07