Spiderman 3  » Movies  »
  • But, with the preliminaries out of the way, things got rockin', starting, I believe, with the chase between Spidey and Hobgoblin
  • With three convergent storylines, I thought the screenwriters handled this juggling act with sharp expertise
  • Now, I know he went through a great deal of emotional situations

• by dennismoore2

I went into this movie expecting it to be busy. It was, but not at first. It started off very slowly, reintroducing the main characters and situations already familiar to us from the first two movies. But, with the preliminaries out of the way, things got rockin’, starting, I believe, with the chase between Spidey and Hobgoblin.

With three convergent storylines, I thought the

screenwriters handled this juggling act with sharp expertise. I had been told by several sources that the three storylines ruined the movie. Not so. This was why I expected this movie to be busy. But the balance struck between the storylines was handled well by the writers. There was fast-paced action, but no busyness and no confusion. The story moved along quite well.

The main message I saw in this movie was, revenge in any form is poison that will slowly destroy you, your relationships, your life. This was represented by the character of Venom, both in Peter Parker and, later, in Brock. It nearly destroyed Spidey, and did destroy Brock eventually. A second message in the film was forgiveness. Harry Osborn forgave Spidey/Peter. MJ forgave Peter,

• Spiderman 3
      Spidey/Peter forgave Marco. It was handled well, and showed the power both of forgiving others and vengeance, both sides of the same coin. These two messages are what held the storylines together and was the glue of the whole movie.

The only flaw I saw in the movie goes back to my review of the original movie. Tobey Maguire played Peter Parker as a

whiny little kid. He spent half the movie in tears. Now, I know he went through a great deal of emotional situations: about Uncle Ben, MJ, and Harry, but a hero needs to remain stoic, not blubbering like a child. I never saw Peter Parker cry so much in one story in the comics. Why should he in the movies? Suck it up, Tobey!

Spiderman 3
Becky says :

I personally don t usually care for superhero movies. However, I agreed to go see this one. And I am glad I did It had the right balance between a romance story and a superhero storyline. It brought in typical teenage feelings but with a superhero twist. Even if you aren t big into superhero movies, I recommend giving this one a try. It also was nice that even if you don t know all of the Spider-Man stories, you can still fully understand the storyline. This movie had the perfect mix of superhero action, romance, and some comedy

Denitsa Bunova says :

re : Now, I know he went through a great deal of emotional situations
It is really hard to beat your predecessor in terms of good story and Spiderman 2 has put the bar really hard. I think that Sam Reimy did just to the spidrman franchise with this film. Yes it had it’s low points. The design of the Venom symbiote wasn’t very good. However the music, the visuals, the overall story was pretty good. The movie has become a cult classic for many fans and is pretty solid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11312253330831/k2311a123/12.3.07