Fucicort Topical Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • When i started having my Acne's as well, without asking my sister i tried using Fucicort at it and i have to tell you that at first it was amazing

• by chad

Fucicort topical Cream is often used for overgrown Acne and inflammations. I used this product after i fractured my elbow and was not able to use it for 2 months. Since i had trouble taking a bath or cleaning up for myself, i developed this irritable infection in my knee area that started to grow a bit too big from

it’s norm. My sister who is a pediatrician, prescribed me Fucicort topical cream. And amazingly it disappeared after a couple of days use.

When i started having my Acne’s as well, without asking my sister i tried using Fucicort at it and i have to tell you that at first it was amazing. My face totally cleared up. I used it ...

• for a month and afterwards i stopped using it since my face has cleared. After a week of not using it my face started to flare up. I consulted my dermatologist and was told that the purpose of the Fucicort cream when used in the face is to take away irritating and big Acne’s. After it disappears, it is imperative
        that you stop using it since Fucicort contains 2% Steroids. The Effects of over-using it are the following:

- Stimulates hunger therefore gaining weight.

- Makes your face dependent to it.

- Causes Redness and sometimes itching.

Therefore, I highly discourage anyone from using it for more than two weeks on your face. I must say that it is indeed effective but use it with caution.

quick note by anonymous :

can i use this on minor scrapes? and after chemical peel that results from ifnflamed reddened skin spot

Isadora Night says :

No I don’t think so. It is for acne and similar problems. Using it for a cut will not help with getting a possible infection (from the cut).

Galega says :

If the minor scrapes had led to bacterial infection, you can use this cream.

Otherwise, there is no point of using Fucicort Topical Cream.

You should consider other alternatives.

hamza says :

i have darkspots on my skin may i use fucicort on on spots

Galega says :

It is unlikely to treat dark spots. You should consider using a good anti mark cream. You can consult a dermatologist for suggestion.

Fucicort Cream is for infection, not for removing dark spots.

Rupkotha says :

Hi
    My doctor suggested me fucicort to be used 2 times daily . My question is , should I keep the cream over night if i apply it at night ?

Galega says :

Yes, you can keep the cream overnight. It won’t cause any problem. Use it for the duration suggested by your doctor.

ian says :

Can I use Fucicort cream on painful pimples I get on my thigh, buttocks and near the rectum?

Chad says :

I believe so. It will take only a couple of days to apply Fucicort cream and then you will notice results.

Galega says :

It is supposed to be used for inflammatory dermatoses. I will never suggest it to be used for acne and pimples.

The part of your body for which you are concerned are thigh and buttocks. There is no need to look for quick results with a steroid category of medication like Fucicort. There are many good alternatives, you can choose from.

allan says :

Hi ian, yes you can use fucicort cream on your painful pimples, fucicort contains betamethasone which is a steriod that will help to subside the pain and swelling, it also contain fucidic acid which is anti bacterial.

Hi Allan,

Pimples are generally not a form of bacterial infection. Fucicort Topical is used for the treatment of bacterial infection. It is because of this fact that Fucicort isn’t applied for pimples.

And, you should not use it just because of a steriod (betamethasone).

trudy says :

Can this cream be used in the vagina

Galega says :

You can use it ON the vag_na, not IN the vag_na.

There are many possible side effects of using this cream (which mainly contains Fusidic Acid) including dryness and red rashes.

It is good and effective, no doubt. But, it should be used EXTERNALLY only. That is why, there is no point in using it internally as you are asking.

Linda says :

Just to clarify, the vagina is entirely internal. The exterior p rt of a woman’s anatomy isn’t her vagina. Sounds like you can use it on the labia or vulva?

Galega says :

Ideally, it should be used on Vulva.

However, the point is to use on the affected area to get rid of infection. Wherever there is infection, one can use it.

Joynamae colon says :

Is it really true that this fucicort cream can cure any irritable spots in our face especially acne ?

Galega says :

It can cure, but it should not be used to treat acne. It is a powerful medicine, which if used for extended period of time can lead to some serious problems.

There is no point in using it for acne, unless prescribed by a dermatologist.

The irritation you are feeling on your face might be because of bacterial infection - an ideal case of using Fucicort Topical Cream. But, without diagnosis, I can’t suggest you to go ahead with it.

Omar says :

Could it be used on the man’s genital area that has rash or itchy irritated skin?

Ambreen says :

Hello, Omar. Yes, this cream can be used on men’s genital area since this cream is specifically for external use. However, please use caution since it does contain steroids.

Galega says :

For what purpose you want to use on genital? Is there any eczema sort of things, or any other bacterial infection?

Whatever the case might be, I don’t think it OK to use a steroid based ointment on pen_s. There are some other options available for you, including tablets.

If this cream will touch the gland (the upper and skinless part of pen_s) you may face some problems.

In a nutshell, don’t use it on your private part unless prescribed by a doctor.

karazu21 says :

Can this be used to treat cold sore? Thanks

Rahul Rauniyar says :

No ,this cannot be used to treat cold sore, use fucidin cream for cold sores instead

Galega says :

Fucicort is supposed to be used for the treatment of inflammatory dermatoses. You should not use it for other purposes.

It will not work in the treatment of cold sore. It may even worsen the situation.

Jdc says :

hi…can i use fucicort in boils?thanks…

Galega says :

Fucicort Topical cream can be applied for boils, but not in all cases. You should better consult a dermatologist and ask for suggestions.

Rana says :

My 21 years girl did chemical peeling just yesterday, and immediately her skin inflamed wake up today with dark spots like burns , should she apply fucicort on them

Galega says :

I don’t think Fucicort Topical Cream is suitable for this type of problem. This cream contains betamethasone steroid which your daughter may not need. It will be better if you ask her to apply an Aloe Vera Cream and stay away from direct Sun Light.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31312253260831/k2311a123/12.3.07