Mary Poppins  » Movies  »
  • I like it most, because it was at this moment in Mary Poppins that not only are we nearing the end of the story, but both the Banks children and Mr
  • The music definitely ingrained Mary Poppins in my heart
  • So, in keeping with Uncle Albert's lesson, I love to laugh, and Mary Poppins is just the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine of life go down

• by dennismoore2

Practically perfect in every way. That is how Mary Poppins described herself. She might as well have been talking about Disney’s blockbuster movie.

Right up front I’d like to point out that my reasons for loving this movie was the music. The music stood out more for me with this film than with any other musical film.

There were fourteen songs in all, each a character in

their own right. My favorite was �Feed The Birds,� not the most noted or remembered of the songs.

I like it most, because it was at this moment in Mary Poppins that not only are we nearing the end of the story, but both the Banks children and Mr. Banks himself, begin to change and become closer together.

Mary’s job was done.

Sure, I liked the other ...

• songs.

�Chim Chim Cher-ee� was second favorite, and �A Spoonful of Sugar� a close third. I could go on and on.

The music definitely ingrained Mary Poppins in my heart. But the characters were also a treat.

Aside from Mary, Bert and his cockney accent were fun to follow. I could never figure out his purpose, or Mary’s really, but can guess they were trying to

get the children out more, to open up and learn more about the world around them.

At first, this rubbed Mr. Banks the wrong way, but eventually their lessons from Mary taught him as well.

So, in keeping with Uncle Albert’s lesson, I love to laugh, and Mary Poppins is just the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine of life go down. How supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is that?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112811251341230/k2311a1128/11.28.07