Morocco  » Travel  »
  • In short, everyone from me right up to my aunt and her family had a truly fascinating cultural experience and one that we will always treasure, for sure
  • The shopkeepers or vendors will not give you a weird stare, so this is the best time to practice your negotiating skills, ha
  • The town medinas were great for me and it is actually one of the oldest part of the city and definitely great
  • There were also maps provided by the local tour guide but I found that to be totally useless
  • But all in all, I love the experiences so much in Morocco

• by deadpoet

Being in Morocco is really an eye-opener for me and the Capital City of this country is Rabat and it is in the region of Africa. I, for one am not so sure about where this travel place is before and after my aunt told me, I was more clearer about it.

There are lots of great looking landscapes in Morocco and the fact that the place is filled with a great culture gets me really wild and looking for great experiences. Not being wild in a bad way, though. In short, everyone from me right up to my aunt and her family had a truly fascinating cultural experience and one that we will always treasure, for sure. However, be cautious to scams since there are people there to take away your money in the daylight robbery

sense of way. First of all, based from my experience, this is something valuable that I have learnt while being there. You can bargain just about anything and everything. The shopkeepers or vendors will not give you a weird stare, so this is the best time to practice your negotiating skills, ha! Other than that, if you want to take a cab ride, be sure to do so in a large group and don’t stick to a small group for that matter. The town medinas were great for me and it is actually one of the oldest part of the city and definitely great. Nothing has changed much since, according to my aunt who had been there before with her husband and she made the trip again, and I felt truly comfortable knowing that ...

• she was pretty familiar. There were also maps provided by the local tour guide but I found that to be totally useless. For instance, the places that were listed were not quite the same as in the maps, and I was wondering whether we were given outdated ones or something. As for what I think is the best way to get around would be to hire a tour, and an official one at that. Of course, they would cost a bit more than an unofficial guide, but then again, the official one would bring you to places that are really awesome. That was what I felt. Other than that, being in Morocco, I found a lot of souvenirs to be bought and I was really happy to be getting lots of things to bring
        back home. The Medina’s central square really takes the cake and I found myself a lot of times going to the area to get more stuffs like ice-cream, buying some vases and nice looking ones at that.

We also went to the Djemaa El-Fna and this is something like a circus. There were acts like acrobats, snake charmers and also story tellers and jugglers. I also did some temporary henna tattoos and the designs were really great. After a few days, the tattoos went clean again and I got my natural looking skin back,ha!

As for the food stalls, there were lots of them, but be sure that you choose a clean one, for there were cases of undercookoed and some bad food served. But all in all, I love the experiences so much in Morocco.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382111251010530/k2311a1121/11.21.07