Shrek
  • I know Toy Story came first, but it seems to me that Toy Story showed filmmakers what was possible in the new age of computer animation

• by dennismoore2

I don’t know if it was Toy Story or Shrek that ushered in the age of the animated feature. I know Toy Story came first, but it seems to me that Toy Story showed filmmakers what was possible in the new age of computer animation. The people behind Shrek took that knowledge and showed the world

what could be done with what was possible, taking animation to new heights.

Not only did the filmmakers and technical crew make this movie a hit, but the actors and even the contributing musicians all blended together nicely in this milestone of animation.

Eddie Murphy makes almost everything he touches turn to gold, and his rold as Donkey ...

• is no exception. Eddie could do the part in his sleep. Mike Myers is a master of European accents, a talent that has served him well in the Austin Powers franchise, and Shrek is no different for him, with his Scottish accent.

The only tough one for me in this is Cameron Diaz. I just don’t feel

she brought anything memorable to the role of Fiona. Not that she did a bad job, just not a memorable one.

Lastly, I feel that opening up the world of fairy tales to a lot of jokes and hilarious characters, like the gingerbread man and Pinocchio, will keep us loaded in entertainment inside this franchise for years to come.

Shrek

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112011249871130/k2311a1120/11.20.07