MCCS Flea Market  » Shopping  »
1.0
Okinawa, Japan
  • I know that they had already planned to cancel this flea market, which was fine, but why would they have to wait until they are done and why couldnt they just come up to us first
  • Unfortunately there wasnt much we could do complain

• by okiprincess82

For the past 2 weeks, I have spent time each day preparing to go to the flea market. I finally made it last Sunday. We got there and it was a bit misty outside and looked as if it was going to rain. We figured that it would get cancelled, but we waiting in line anyways. We watched as the MCCS flea market staff took down thier canopies and packed up thier trucks. We assumed that they were going to cancel, but they never said anything to us.

I was among, maybe 50 cars, waiting in line as a seller. The staff then hopped in thier vehibles, pulled up and said, “Ok, we are cancelling” and drove off. They were the first to leave. I know that they had already planned to cancel this flea market, which was fine, but why would they have to wait until they are done and why couldnt

they just come up to us first. I was furious.

Today is Saturday and I went to bed last night at 1 AM. I was up preparing for the flea market again. I woke up at 4 AM and packed the rest of my stuff up with my husband in 2 vans that we had borrowed. We left for the flea market (which was about 30 minutes away). We arrived and saw tons of cars waiting in line to buy from sellers.

We went through the gate, only to be told that it was going to be cancelled. It was a gorgoeous morning and there was no rain in the weather forcast. I asked why it was cancelled and the flea market representative told me that the manager was sick and couldnt make it. Once again, I was furious! What kind of flea market was this?!? I live on a military installation overseas ...

• and things are ran a little different here, then they are in the U. S.

The flea market is ran by an organization called MCCS. I work for MCCS and love just about everything about it. They are my employer of choice here, but this situation has put a bad taste in my mouth. I dont blame MCCS for this, I blame the special events director. This was outrageous.

The manager was sick, so the tons of cars in line, had to leave. I understand people get sick. I woke up this morning with a 101. 6 fever and a swollen neck. I have been sick for quite some time, but I dealt with it.

Im not saying that this man should have drug himself out of bed, but someone should have replaced him. What could they possible need that another replacement couldn’t have done? These people inconvinience tons of people. We all stood around

in the parking lot furious and debating what we should do. Unfortunately there wasnt much we could do complain. And that is exactly what we did.

This flea market was open to sellers at 5 AM. It opens to buyers at 6 AM and ends at 11 AM. I had 2 van loads of junk that needed to go. Now it is sitting in the middle of my living room and I have to live around it for who knows how long. The flea market runs every Saturday and Sunday.

Hopefully tomarrow morning it will be open. I spoke with another seller and she said that the man that told her it was closed also said that maybe it will be closed tomarrow. So as of now, it’s 12:17 in the morning. I have to be up again in less then 4 hours. I hope I wont be wasting my time and my mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 241311247490630/k2311a1113/11.13.07