Pure Sunlight Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • Pure sunlight soap is one of the best, most enduring products around today
  • I find it works beautifully on grubby collars and socks and for a fraction of the cost of expensive laundry soakers
  • The thing I like best about Sunlight Soap is that it is pure soap

• by bhappy2

Pure sunlight soap is one of the best, most enduring products around today. Sunlight soap was first produced and sold by Hesketh Lever over 100 years ago in 1884 and it is as popular

now as it was them. For me this speaks highly of the quality of the product. While other products have come and gone, Sunlight Soap has endured. I still use Sunlight Soap in the laundry. I find it works beautifully on grubby collars and socks and for a fraction of the cost of expensive laundry soakers.

When I was a child sunlight soap was used for ...

Madeleine says :

Thank you for the review. Where could I buy the soap? I live close to Ottawa. Or could I order the soap? Thank you.

Diane says :

Sunlight bar soap is in the laundry detergent aisle, usually on the top shelf.

Bill Carey says :

I can remember my mother using Sunlight soap when I was a child. I am now seventy five years old and being a mere male, over the years I forgot about my mother’s wizardry.
Some months ago a friend(female) saw me trying to scrub a stain from my golf socks. She said try this, I never go anywhere without it. A bar of Sunlight soap. I said ” Crickey, can you still buy that?” I rubbed the stain a few times and GONE
We(my wife and I) have been using your amazing soap ever since. I have told so many of our friends, strangers, whoever. Get yourself some Sunlight soap Some had never heard of it so I carried on like the “Soap Professor” and gave them all a full run-down of it’s brilliance.
Those my age need to be reminded and the young need to educated about this amazing product. If I could tell the world for you I would, It’s simply the best
Fond regards
Bill Carey
Nowra NSW 2541

Ann-Mari Stenlund says :

Min fr ga r. G r det att k pa Sunlight Soap av Bj rk eller tall f r Sauna bastu i Sverige. Den tv len vi k pte var i Finland. MVH Ann-Mari annmari.56 hotmail.com

Joanne says :

I have been using sunlight soap all of my life. I love that it works so well on stains on clothing, is easy to to take on holidays, keep in the laundry and is packaged in a box rather than plastic. Wonderful
I have discontinued using it however, due to the fact that it contains sodium palmate. Anything from palm oil is killing the Orang Utan’s habitat and I will not contribute to that :(
Please tell me you’re in the process of replacing this ingredient with something more sustainable and eco friendly?

Galega says :

Sodium Palmate is quite safe for skin. There isn’t any problem. Your concern is about the source of Sodium Palmate. That is little bit perturbing. We tend to use many products which come from some natural sources. In fact, we try to find and use more and more of these kind of products. Using herbal product doesn’t mean that we are ruining the environment and biodiversity. I don’t think the manufacturer will change the formulation.

Colleen says :

Hello, where is Sodium Palmate sourced from?

I am interested to know about all of the ingredients of Sunlight soap. Firstly where are the ingredients sourced from , (including is their any animal products used??)
Are the ingredients safe for the skin of the body?

Colleen says :

Oh, just read this…looks like I too will discontinue use unless this ingredient is replaced with another :((

Galega says :

It is very unlike that the manufacturer will disclose the source. They usually buy product from some vendor. There is also no regulatory compulsion. There is no problem with safety on skin, though. If you take other soaps of same category, you will find that none of them discloses about source.

Colleen says :

Im horrified to say i didnt know what sodium palmate is
The orangatangs are far more important than a cleaning product no matter how good it is
Good bye sunlight soap

Mary Kay says :

Do your research then be concerned about a product. The previous comment did not offer any facts to the claim. Sunlight has been around a very long time, and if it’s true that orangutans are being disrupted due to its manufacturing, then display your facts or give your resources for the commnity to see. I will continue to use until I find definitively that it harms the animals.

Joanne Lauthier says :

It’s very concerning that we are so disconnected from nature that what we think is natural, is actually killing our planet :(

Joanne Lauthier says :

This is not about being safe on our skin. There is no use having safe products if there is no planet for us to live on :( We need to protect the animals or we die too

Joanne Lauthier says :

I have to agree with you Colleen. Thank you so much for thinking of the Urang Utans and our planet before a bar of soap :)

Joanne Lauthier says :

Would you consider doing some of your own research so that you know it’s legitimate and trustworthy?

Joanne Lauthier says :

“Sodium palmate is a result of the saponification reaction of the fatty acids found in palm oil with sodium hydroxide. The palm oil is obtained by extracting oil from the pulp of the fruit of the oil palm plant (Elaeis guineensis).”
From: About Sodium Palmate - Tom’s of Maine

The concern here is how is the palm oil sourced? because we (humans) are becoming overpopulated, we are sourcing way more (in this case) palm oil than is sustainable. We need to find another solution.
We know this is possible because I’m doing just fine without it myself :)

On the other hand, Orang Utans are losing their habitat at a rapid pace and this is unacceptable. Find another solution to the ingredients used….PLEASE . Stop harming animals and their homes

Mary Kay,
Unilever is a huge company, concerned about profits. It’s their responsibility to prove (obtain certification) how they source their palm oil. It is almost impossible for me/us to research this if they are not going to disclose this information. The fact that they have not disclosed this information strongly suggests that it’s because they are not willing to disclose how unethical they are.
Please do some research on how our planet is dying. Just because it’s not obvioulsy visible to you and I in our everyday lives, does not mean it’s not a very serious concern.
Watch this for starters :

I have personally seen the irreversible damage to the reefs in Fiji and South Pacific over a relatively short period of about 10 years. People are ignorant and unfortunately are putting their head in the sand so to speak :(

Joanne Lauthier says :

I have discontinued using it however, due to the fact that it contains sodium palmate. Anything from palm oil is killing the Orang Utan s habitat and I will not contribute to that :(
Please tell me you re in the process of replacing this ingredient with something more sustainable and eco friendly?

Galega says :

I don’t think that they are going to change the ingredients. It is quite a popular and safe soap which has been produced in line with regulatory approvals. There are other soaps which don’t contain Sodium Palmate and you can consider using them.

Julie says :

re : The thing I like best about Sunlight Soap is that it is pure soap
Sunlight laundry soap is my family’s trusted brand when it comes to heavy stains removal. It truly is amazing for us and it gives our clothes added fragrant smell.

Barbara Spain says :

Hi,I just read your article about Sunlight soap. Products from our child can be nurturing to us when we become adults. Our sense of smell brings back our childhood memories of being taken care of by our parents. Mine is dethol disinfectant,I don’t feel right unless I use it in my home. It gives me a sense of safety and security.

Elizabeth says :

re : The thing I like best about Sunlight Soap is that it is pure soap
Has this person read the list of ingredients? This is NOT pure soap.

Fezile says :

Can you kindly give me the ingrediance of the Pure Sunlight Soap like where does it come from, the mixture of it?

Here is the entire list of ingredients of Pure Sunlight Soap:

Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 11680, CI 16255, Potassium Hydroxide.

Alwyn says :

Is Sunlight soap good for the human skin

Galega says :

This soap is considered quite versatile as it can be used for cleansing dishes, washing clothes and also on human body.

That said, I would not advise you to use this soap on the body.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311311247410630/k2311a1113/11.13.07