Equate Brand Sleep-Aid Liquid Caps  » Health  »
0.5
  • Well, what I found out is that they just don't work

• by suthernsmooth

Who of us hasn’t had trouble sleeping once in awhile? When you do have problems it can be aggravating to say the least. For whatever reason, we can choose to either go to our family doctor or look for something over-the-counter.

That is how I ended up buying the Equate brand sleep aid from

my local Wal-Mart. The ingredient that is in these pills is the same thing that goes into other type of pain reliever/sleep aids, only without the pain reliever.

Well, what I found out is that they just don’t work. Normally whenever I take something that I’ve never had before it hits me right away.

• With the Equate sleep-aid, I didn’t so much as even get drowsy, much less be able to go to sleep.

I found them to be a waste of time and a waste of money. But at least I can say that I did give them a try. The main reason that I wanted to

write this review is to let other people know that the Equate brand sleep-aids just simply do not work.

Do yourself a big favor and see your doctor if you are having trouble sleeping. Don’t make the same mistake that I did and look for something over-the-counter. It’s not worth your time, effort, and money.

adam says :

what color and shape are these Equate Sleep Aid Liquidcaps?

suthernsmooth replies :

Hi Adam, these are oval-shaped and light-blue in color. Thanks

John says :

They are blue capsules 13mm in size.

allen says :

My dog swallowed one of these. Will it hurt him?

suthernsmooth replies :

Hi Allen, I hope your dog is doing ok I honestly couldn`t tell you whether it would hurt him or not, but it can`t be good for him either way…you might want to phone your dog`s vet and ask them what they think.

Galega says :

This sleep aid contains doxylamine succinate, which is not as such dangerous for dog if swallowed only for one time. Your dog might feel some drowsiness, apart from that I don’t see any major issue.

sharla says :

Is it dangerous to take these every night? Any long term side effects? Thanks

John says :

It’s fine to take it daily, as long as you don’t exceed 400 mg per day.

Galega says :

Yes, it is dangerous to take it every night.

It contains doxylamine succinate. It is supposed to be taken periodically when for some reason you are finding difficulty in falling sleep. If the sleeplessness persists continuously for more than two weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of serious underlying medical illness.

There are variety of long term side effects, if you take it continuously for prolong duration without any medical supervision. Cardio related problem is one of them.

Todd Fabian says :

Does Equate Brand Sleep-Aid have aspirin in it?

Jules Li says :

No, they do not contain aspirin.

Galega says :

The only active ingredient is doxylamine succinate. There isn’t any aspirin in this sleep aid.

You should remember that while taking Equate Brand Sleep Aid, you must avoid Aspirin, that can be dangerous. In fact, any pain killer should be taken only after consulting a doctor.

Rita says :

Does Equate Brand Sleep aid liquidcaps contain aspirin?

Jules Li says :

No, this brand does not contain aspirin .

Galega says :

The only active ingredient is doxylamine succinate. There isn t any aspirin in this sleep aid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341311247360630/k2311a1113/11.13.07