Lexmark 2400 Printer/Scanner/Copier
  • Hooking it up to my computer wasn�t a problem
  • Another feature that I like about the Lexmark 2400 is that you can fold the trays that hold the paper down and it takes up less room

• by suthernsmooth

A little while back I was looking for a small, inexpensive printer to for personal business reasons. What I found was the Lexmark 2400. It was priced just right at $29.00 USD, so I picked it up and brought it home.

Hooking it up to my computer wasn�t a problem. In fact, nothing about it has been a problem. Unlike other printer/copier/scanner combos, the Lexmark only uses one ink cartridge

as opposed to two like many of the larger ones do. The replacement ink cartridges for the Lexmark run around $20.00 USD, and they do last quite a long time.

Another feature that I like about the Lexmark 2400 is that you can fold the trays that hold the paper down and it takes up less room. Since I don�t use it all the time, that for me is a ...

• good thing. I can locate it anywhere without having to worry that it won�t fit.

It prints out quickly and cleanly. It lets me know when it�s running low on ink. And with just two easy steps I can change the ink cartridge. I don�t even have to cancel the printing task to change cartridges, the Lexmark puts the job on hold and then starts it up as soon as the

ink cartridge has been changed.

I really enjoy having a machine that works with me, instead of against me. Normally I find myself having to read and re-read instructions to figure out what I’m doing wrong, or why something is not working properly. With the Lexmark there is no guesswork, just turn it on, tell it what to do, and you’re good to go. It’s been a great addition to my home office

Taira says :

I lost my user`s guide CD and I cant figure out how to change the ink cartirdge. PLS Help

John says :

Here’s a link to the online user guide, which shows you exactly how it’s done:

Galega says :

It is not as such tough to change the cartridges. You do it once, and you will become an expert.
    Press the Power button on the Lexmark machine to turn it on. Lift up the access door or scanner unit. The cartridge holder automatically moves to the middle of the machine. Now, press down the cartridge holder latch and remove the empty cartridges.

Now, you are required to place the new or refilled cartridges. Ensure to not touch the metal nozzle while doing this. Insert and press down, the cartridges will be locked.

Virginia says :

I got this free with a laptop purchase, but there is no information about this scanner printer. Can you tell me what the scanner resolution is? Is it suitable for decent photo scanning? Thank you.

John says :

I believe it’s a fairly decent scanner. The scan resolution is 600 x 2400 dpi.

Galega says :

The default resolution is 600X2400 dpi. You can also change it in settings and have the resolution as per requirements. It can be used for scanning photographs and you should get good quality digital image. What do you mean by decent may be subjective here, though.

Shakar says :

Need to download software drivers to install lexmark scanner

John says :

For some reason Lexmark doesn’t have this particular model available for download on it’s website. However, you can download it from Cnet’s website. Here’s a link:

Galega says :

Drivers can be downloaded from the official website of Lexmark. You need to first select your model and then click on download after selecting the operating system you are using. If you have upgraded your OS, then also you may need to update your driver.

levashnee says :

please advise replacement model for the E2400 printer Thanks

John says :

You should consider the E2500. It’s essentially an updated version of the E2400.

Galega says :

If you have small to medium work group (not expecting very heavy print demand), then you may go for Lexmark C3224dw. It is suitable and is affordable. It can print 22 pages per minute. If you want more pages, then you may have to go for enterprise edition, which will cost you more.

Ray says :

I lost my user s guide CD and I cant figure out how to change the ink cartirdge. PLS Help

John says :

Look at the above response. There’s a link to the manual.

Galega says :

Press the “Power” button on the Lexmark machine to turn it on. Lift up the access door or scanner unit. The cartridge holder automatically moves to the middle of the machine. Now, press down the cartridge holder latch and remove the empty cartridges.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161311247260530/k2311a1113/11.13.07