Johnny Depp  » People  »
  • I like watching him because I think he is one of the best actors in Hollywood today and in history
  • What I find absolutely amazing is the fact I have never seen Depp play a normal character

• by Steve

My wife and I both like watching Johnny Depp films, but for different reasons. She likes watching them because she finds him attractive. I like watching him because I think he is one of the best actors in Hollywood today and in history.

Regardless of the success of the film, Depp takes his roles and makes them his own. More importantly, he takes roles, like

Edward Scissorhands and Willie Wonka and is able to create an unrealistic character but make them realistic enough to be believable.

After all, who could pull off a character like Captain Jack Sparrow (of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies)? Maybe Robin Williams when he was younger. Maybe even a hand full of other comedians. But, none of them would have been able to give ...

• him the personality Depp did. I can guarantee you that, if Robin Williams would have played Sparrow, I wouldn�t own the movies on DVD.

What I find absolutely amazing is the fact I have never seen Depp play a normal character. Every movie I’ve seen has him either as a drug addict or showing some sort of mental condition or insanity. We thought his film

The Secret Window was the exception to this; until we got to the end and realized it wasn’t.

What really impresses me about Depp is the fact that he’s a big-time Hollywood actor but doesn’t act like it. He’s so low-key. And, you never hear about him in the tabloids. He’s a person that is easy to look up to and, in my wife’s case, look at.

Johnny Depp
    Mary Cee says :

re : I like watching him because I think he is one of the best actors in Hollywood today and in history
    That’s one of the reasons why I love Johnny Depp. He has numerous and well-loved roles.

Mary Cee says :

re : What I find absolutely amazing is the fact I have never seen Depp play a normal character
    That’s another plus

Azriel says :

Agree that he sure has always been playing a role that is both intriguing and interesting - has a lot of mystery to it. I love Depp surely for his spontaneity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521111246760830/k2311a1111/11.11.07