Brussels  » Travel  »
Belgium - Europe
  • I love everything about the ambiance and the cuisines were in short, AWESOME

• by deadpoet

Brussels, in Belgium to me is a very grand place to visit, and the locals are all filled with friendly people and there are lots of beautiful buildings around this great city in Belgium. There are lots of historical buildings if you like to see them and this cultural city is a great visit for a couple of days. However, be prepared to change a lot of your local currency, because you might need them as most things in Brussels tend to be a bit on the expensive side.

I went around 5 days there with my friends and around 2 days or so, we were soaked in rain and then the remaining days were all sunshine shining and smiling on us. I loved both the weathers; be it rain or shine, and that could not

deter my mood in exploring the rest of this great city life.

My best advice is to plan you itinerary well and the first stop that we were at was near to the Central train station, whereby we took a short walk and then went to this particular nice cafe nearby and sipping coffee and tea. We also went to this particular nice area and saw houses being built as far as the 15th century and it is called the Town Hall building or something. I felt that the beautiful town squares in Europe were all very scenic and there were lots of nice locals around and I was like halfway through gawking at them, which was rude actually, ha! But I couldn’t help it. The women and men of Brussels look as gorgeous as ...

• the men and women of say, Brazil.

Now, talking about the food in Brussels, let me warn you that you have to keep a tab on your diet while in this city, if not you might add some few pounds like me. Steamed mussels are the rave there and there are a lot of them on the restaurant menus. I loved the french fries, without the whole time the fries being soaked in mayonnaise. That is the customary there, so if you want the fries to be separated from the mayo and not it being dipped on, you have to tell them early, before they made the dip, hmmmmm. I did eat the mayo in fries all already pre-mixed, and I felt nauseous. Perhaps, I am not used to soaking everything, right? So,

that is a bit of culture food shock for me. As for other food, I loved it 100%. The restaurants had tables being set up on one side, and the other side, people could stroll along and the sight was something to behold. I love everything about the ambiance and the cuisines were in short, AWESOME.

If yu are wondering about the locals’ linguistic ability, fret not. A lot of times, me and friends were like asking for directions and the whole time, we had gotten back answers in perfect English. I was shocked to discover that they could converse in perfect English and then switch back to their native tongue, without an effort. How I wish I could be linguistic as them.

I love the city of Brussels, definitely and would love to come again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381111246600830/k2311a1111/11.11.07