Philadelphia  » Travel  »
Philadelphia - USA
  • I must admit that Philadelphia has a special place in my heart and I love the sights and sounds, right up to the food and its main identity as a city
  • Some of these places include the Independence Hall, which had some main attractions to it and I found the tour really informative, fun and entertaining

• by deadpoet

Philadelphia is exactly as my mom describes it, “There is something for everyone in Philly”. I couldn’t agree more. On my recent trip to Philadelphia around last year, I couldn’t help but notice the wonderful and historic city, being full of life. I must admit that Philadelphia has a special place in my heart and I love the sights and sounds, right up to the food and its main identity as a city.

Philadelphia is now one of my most favorite city to live in and I couldn’t help that really. That is because, whenever I go see the movie, “Rocky”, I will remember about the Rocky cheer and that was when the Philadelphia mode arrived. Not only that, there are songs too, like the one from a male singer, titled,

“Philadelphia Freedom”. Couldn’t really remember the artist’s name.

Talking about Philadelphia in details or in general, my aunt, my whole family and I went for the trip and I was amazed at the arrays of Philly skyline, which was really very cool. There were also bridgest and water sights; which added to the beautiness of it. We took some breathtaking boat rides and also checked out the architecture of the buildings and looked at some of the modern and contemporary classic styles of those buildings. Some of these places include the Independence Hall, which had some main attractions to it and I found the tour really informative, fun and entertaining. Not only that, I was also amazed at the Homes of Betsy Ross and Edgar Allan Poe, which were the homes ...

• of 2 prominent Americans and if you want to find more, go check out the place. There is also the Liberty Hall, which symbolizes the formations of the country and that is very political historical for me, but something that I need to know whenever I go to any particular city/state/country, to know a bit, at least.

Now, I guess my most favorite places in Philly would have to be the Old City and also the Penns Landing. Talking about the Old City, it is a very cool place filled with a great nightlife and there are lots of unique and specialty shops that I could remember. Not to mention the numerous theatres, clubs etc. If you want a good nightlife in Philly, check out this Old City. Other than that,

the other one which I mentioned; the Penns Landing, this is a waterfront center and it is also filled with nightlife spots, but there are restaurants too, and the meals served were not that bad. The area is filled with attractions and something that my whole family love and my aunt’s too would be that love boat rides. We sort of took these boat rides and went to have a look at the whole of life in Philly in general. It was real great fun.

I saw that cheesesteak is a favorite eatery for the locals over in Philly. There were a lot of cheesesteak places that I saw and they appeared to be very busy. My hands were simply full exploring Philadelphia, and I love this city of life so much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381111246580830/k2311a1111/11.11.07