Perlis  » Travel  »
Malaysia
  • I love the scenic views of everything and particularly enjoyed rowing a sampan (small wooden boat) and just going for a small picnic by the bank or something
  • The experience taking a train ride was somewhat different from the other places that I have been to
  • I thought that he was kidding but apparently, he was right

• by deadpoet

Perlis is actually the most closest to Thailand and I didn’t know that in the beginning, but my boyfriend told me that and I was like, “What, really”? No wonder whenever I read the papers and the criminals would have traveled all the way to Thailand and escape. Shudders. But talking about my visit to Perlis a particular time before, it is not about criminals or the trip to Thailand. But it was more like a holiday trip to me, because my boyfriend wanted to bring me there and celebrate his birthday.

Perlis is like a little gem to the whole of Malaysian people and it is perhaps one of the smallest state. That is evident because I was not so tired of exploring and I find my journeys shorter to get from one place

to another. Perlis is a bit like Kedah, but Kedah state is much bigger though. Perlis is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, and I am glad that my boyfriend brought me to that place. He brought me first to Melati Lake, or in Malay known as “Tasik Melati”. This is a very gorgeous and small scenic lake and located close to the north of Kangar. I love the scenic views of everything and particularly enjoyed rowing a sampan (small wooden boat) and just going for a small picnic by the bank or something. There were other tourists as well, and they looked extremely friendly. I loved this place and thought it to be a great place for picnicking and strolling around the lake. Other ...

• than that, I went to Padang Besar with boyfriend and we took a train ride in Perlis. The experience taking a train ride was somewhat different from the other places that I have been to. We stopped close to the Malaysia-Thai border and not far from the station, we saw lots of things/products on sale. My boyfriend bargained a lot of things and we bought an awful lot of handicrafts and souvenirs to be brought home. We were so happy by it all. The next day, he surprised me by saying that he wanted me to witness a spectacular view. I thought that he was kidding but apparently, he was right.

The place was called Wang Kelian State Park and I tell you, there was really an out of this world, really gorgeous view

of a whole stretch of limestone hills and they were covered in misty clouds and lokoed really gorgeous that I shed a tear or two. During sunset, it was more beautiful and it was really a place for us, nature lovers. I thought that was really cute of him and we had spent a great time there celebrating his birthday. It was really a priceless experience and something that nature gives and that we couldn’t possibly buy from anywhere at all. The forest next to the Thai borders is filled with animals, chirping of birds and reptiles. I became a 100% nature lover just by witnessing all of these.

To tell you the truth, I had underestimated the beauty of Perlis. It is a great place to visit, I am so sure.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381111246250730/k2311a1111/11.11.07