Breaking the Good Mom Myth by Alyson Schafer  » Books  »
  • This is the best parenting book that I have ever read
  • I love the first point of the book and that is the fact that as primary caregivers we do not take enough time for ourselves

• by Natalie

This is the best parenting book that I have ever read. Firstly, the best thing is that it doesn’t make you feel like a total failure.

It doesn’t make you think that everything that you have done up to this point was wrong.

I love the first point of the book and that is the fact

that as primary caregivers we do not take enough time for ourselves.

Alyson’s theory and I strongly believe it too - is that when we are totally worn out it is not wonder we get upset with our kids and don’t parent the way we would like to.

She insists that as parent need to take time ...

• to charge our own batteries.

She informs the reader that we are not solely responsible for how our child turns out and they are not a total reflection on us.

We need to stop worry about what all of the other parents are thinking about us and just do what is right for our children.

She

talks about slow parenting.

We are too concern with getting results now - and that is not the way that children work.

Some of the other topics in this awesome book include - the relationship with your spouse, all-caring mothers, controlling mothers, sibling rivalry, and getting the best education.

The is a must read for anyone with children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171111245220630/k2311a1111/11.11.07