Oritron DVD4119  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • The first movie played well, with no problems whatsoever
  • Had I known that the Oritron would've been that much aggravation I would have spent a little more to get a better player, or at least a bit more on some Tylenol for the major headache that was inside that box

• by suthernsmooth

My husband and I were staying in Ohio where he was working at the time and we were about to go stir crazy being stuck in a hotel room during several days of rain. So seeing as how there was a Best Buy down the street from the hotel, we took a drive.

While looking for something affordable that would help get us through

the rainy days, we ran across the Oritron DVD and Audio CD player, DVD4119 series. Okay so it was only $19.99 USD so we weren�t expecting a whole lot, and boy was that a good thing. Before we left the store we also purchased a couple of movies on DVD.

We get back to the room, hook up the Oritron, which did come with the necessary cables, ordered a pizza, and settled in to watch a movie. The first movie played well, with no problems whatsoever. We finished the first DVD and moved on to the second one.

The movie started playing and then, nothing. No picture, no sound, nada. After ejecting the disc, which we didn’t think we were ever going to get out of the DVD player, we ...

• Oritron DVD4119
      checked it, and since it was brand new, it looked fine. My husband put it back in the DVD player and hit play. After a couple of false starts and freeze-ups, it finally started playing.

Needless to say you get what you pay for. And such was the case with the Oritron. We didn’t pay a lot for it thank goodness, and amazingly enough it’s

still working; when it wants to. Do yourselves a favor folks. Spend a few extra bucks and buy a name brand DVD player that you know works. Had I known that the Oritron would’ve been that much aggravation I would have spent a little more to get a better player, or at least a bit more on some Tylenol for the major headache that was inside that box!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161011245080630/k2311a1110/11.10.07