Acer AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.20GHz  » Computers  »
  • However, I think that most of that was due to the anti-virus that is included for a 90-day trial
  • Unfortunately we could not get the Vista computers to communicate with our HP network printer, but I guess we will just have to deal with that
  • These computers have been working great - they are fast and efficient and I would recommend them to anyone

• by Natalie

Acer AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2. 20GHz Desktop Computer (AM1100 - E1203A)

We recently bought two of these computers for the library that I work at. This is a small community library and we were able to get a great sale.

Right now, at regular price they are selling for 499. 99 at Futureshop.

That is a great price for what you will get. They were pretty easy to set up, except it took along time to do all of the updates.

However, I think that most of that was

due to the anti-virus that is included for a 90-day trial. This computer has a 2.

2 GHz processor, which is pretty fast, and 2 GB DDR2 RAM - this means that your computer will be able to run multiple applications at one time. The hard drive is also a good size for the price range at 320 GB SATA 7200RPM.

It comes with Windows Vista Home Premium, which we were a little concerned about at the library because everyone will need to learn the new operating system,- eventually everyone ...

• will be using it. Unfortunately we could not get the Vista computers to communicate with our HP network printer, but I guess we will just have to deal with that.

The only other downside for having these computers in a public setting is the power button on the towers is almost hidden. This would be fine for home use - once you know were it is you will always know - but when you have multiple people coming in and out and they are trying to find the power

button it is a little annoying.

These computers have been working great - they are fast and efficient and I would recommend them to anyone. In fact I might buy one for my mother.

At this price it is a great deal, and she already has a nice monitor. Another good point - the regular $499 price does not include a monitor - however, we bought them on sale at $499 and the monitor was included.

So it pays to be patient and wait for the sales.

myles says :

installing sata drive and ide drive contecting to mother board

Rony says :

You can connect both SATA and IDE devices at same time. only concern is it must IDE port.

devin says :

does this computer have pci exspress video card slot

Jules Li says :

This model does have one PCI express slot.

Calvin says :

Whats the power Supply on this model? can`t seem to find it on mine

Jules Li says :

It uses a 20 4-pin ATX power supply. Its a 250 watt. It’s branded as A-power but you can of course use any brand as long as it’s compatible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19911244970530/k2311a119/11.9.07