Bukit Tinggi and Fraser’s Hill  » Travel  »
Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
  • There are nothing much going on as far as hype and fashion goes, but these 2 places play around the lines of nature and for a nature-lover, I love these places so much
  • Other than that, just by being in Bukit Tinggi and not doing anything may set anyone in the right mood, most definitely
  • That was what I thought at first, but then the trek lasted for a few hours, mind you

• by deadpoet

Bukit Tinggi and Fraser’s Hill is located in Cameron Highlands and these 2 places are something that one shouldn’t miss to visit. There are nothing much going on as far as hype and fashion goes, but these 2 places play around the lines of nature and for a nature-lover, I love these places so much.

Bukit Tinggi is actually around 1 hour from Kuala Lumpur and it is filled with flora and fauna. The place has lots of flowers; you name it and I love the sights and smell of everything. In fact, I was a bit home-sick when I on the way, but once I reached Bukit Tinggi, and smelling all the flowers, my fears dissipated. It was as though I was given some kind of a love potion or something, hmmmmmmm.

There are around 16,000 or so hectares of forest land before which had been developed into a luxury hotel. I would talk about the hotels there in my later reviews but for now, Bukit Tinggi is a nice travel destination, if you must come to visit Malaysia.

Other than that, just by being in Bukit Tinggi and not doing anything may set anyone in the right mood, most definitely. As for the other destination, Fraser’s Hill, it is quite close to Bukit Tinggi and if you are talking about the distance from Kuala Lumpur, it takes around 2 hours by a car journey. A bit farther than from the distance to Bukit Tinggi though.

As for Fraser’s Hill, there are simply tall trees everywhere, and I was pretty scared at first. I have heard ...

• lots of Malaysian hauntings and folklore to last me a lifetime, but then I braced myself for this hill, which I had no idea of what was in store last time. If I am right, the altitude is around 1500 metres and I did manage to explore the village square and the trip was with my family and I also saw some houses with a nice, tall clock tower of gray stone. Other than that, there wre lots of bougainvillea (a nice flower) and also lots of hiking trails. But a cautionary forewarn though. Do not try the trails alone, for there have been lots of cases of lost and not found. So, go in a group or best, follow the ranger or tour guide, whatever. Just DON’T GO ALONE!

My

whole family followed another group which was lead by a ranger and we took a 20-minutes short walk and that would be the shortest trek distance ever. That was what I thought at first, but then the trek lasted for a few hours, mind you. There were lots of sportspersons as well and it was a truly pleasant walk that I could remember and I love the nature trails and everything that was organized during the guided walks. I brought a tall mineral water bottle and that was finished in time. There was also a treasure hunt, some workshops and a lot of talks to raise environmental awareness. I did see some international tourists as well and it was nice to know that they too, care for nature, as much as me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38511243660530/k2311a115/11.5.07