Dublin  » Travel  »
Dublin - Ireland
  • I love everything about the beaches in Dublin as well and one that I particularly remember would be in Killing Bay and Sandymount

• by deadpoet

Dublin is in Ireland and it is a nice, friendly-looking city with lots of nice walking tours available. I have visited the Merrion Square, Dublin Castle and lots of nice and memorable walks along the Phoenix Park. I love everything about the beaches in Dublin as well and one that I particularly remember would be in Killing Bay and Sandymount.

There were lots of mini-celebrations going on the time that I was in Dublin and I love the sights, colors and sounds. Dublin is Dublin and could not be compared to the whole of Ireland. That is what my aunt have said to me before.

I have been to Dublin with my aunt and family, plus another separate occasion with my boyfriend and I felt that the transport was easily available and accessible. The buses were

available throughout Dublin and I saw An Lar on the front of a particular bus which meant that the destination is towards the city centre. That was confirmed by one of the locals there when I asked.

General travel inquiries could also be done, and one need to look well and up. There were also train services or the subway and it was fun exploring the stations with my aunt. There wre aplenty of the trains available and I was told that the main station was in Connolly. Do not take cab rides since it tend to be on the expensive side. There are several rental of cars available but be warned that my aunt and I had difficulty trying to get parking space. We tried renting for a few days and went to ...

• the city centre, but took around close to an hour trying to find a space to park. Everything seemed costly, if you are not looking hard for good deals. That is visible in the prices of food, for instance.

My friend had related to me her visit to Dublin before and she warned me to stay away from places that looked deserted for unwanted robbery on tourists were widely known in Dublin. I did not carry too much money with me while going for the sight-seeing, and my aunt and hubby too. We were scared out of our wits should something happened and just stayed close together. My best advice? Do not wander off yourself, no matter how curious you get, especially into dark alleys and stuff like that. It is not a Harry Potter

show and the walls could not be walked through should you encounter danger, hmmmmmmm.

As for the rivers in Dublin, it appeared to be somewhat dirty and again the streets which looked dangerous; I stayed clear off it. The tour guide that we hired also warned us not to wander alone near to the north of the river mainly.

As for memorable things, I would say it had to be the sight-seeing bus tours. I truly love it; the open-top vehicles and the many city locations in sight. We had gotten all-day tickets whereby we could just hop on and off with ease. There were also quite a bit of shopping to do in Dublin and I give Dublin a rating of 7, for there are a couple of things that could have interest me more, but did not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38511243600530/k2311a115/11.5.07