Ireland  » Travel  »
  • When I was small I thought that Ireland is actually just a country, but I was wrong
  • I know that for a fact since it was being communicated to me by my friend, who happens to be a Tourism student
  • I noticed that most were clean-shaven and looked like they have had a bath, ha
  • I don't like alcoholic things as well, and for those of you not liking it too, or wanting to stop, you might be a bit disappointed to see that most pubs in Ireland have lots of these drunken stupor behavior and booze are just everywhere

• by deadpoet

When I was small I thought that Ireland is actually just a country, but I was wrong. Ireland is an island and my teacher used to say that “Gaelic” is not just a Scottish language but also used widely in the South of Ireland.

Ireland has lots of beautiful and gorgeous landscapes and amazingly, quite a friendly bunch of people/locals. Based from my experiences, I actually much prefer the Northern Ireland visits, don’t know why. Perhaps the main reason wa that there were more places to explore in Northern Ireland rather than the South and there proves to be a more added privacy in the North.

While my visit to Ireland, I did notice that the culture music was more towards traditional folk music and it was a bit like being in Scotland. Everything seemed a

bit Celtic-like and the tourism rates seemed to be booming. I know that for a fact since it was being communicated to me by my friend, who happens to be a Tourism student. My boyfriend and I did come across some lively dance tunes along our way and my friend said that Irish guys don’t bathe and stuff like that, but I don’t really think that is so. I noticed that most were clean-shaven and looked like they have had a bath, ha!

As for the streets of Ireland, everything looked pretty clean and but not as modern-looking as I thought it to be. The modern Ireland is booming, or so from what I see but then the increase in international dishes proved to be a good thing, for a start. I could ...

• see myself living there for the food, since Asian food had already been introduced well and early, hmmmmmm. It is perhaps right to say that Ireland is a user-friendly place - don’t know if that made any sense to you, ha!

As for the food that I have managed to explore and taste, everything looked pretty healthy to me but then one must choose carefully. There are lots of pork meats and I stayed clear off those, and prefer to stick to the vegetarian meals, which were not that bad. I don’t like alcoholic things as well, and for those of you not liking it too, or wanting to stop, you might be a bit disappointed to see that most pubs in Ireland have lots of these drunken stupor behavior and booze are just everywhere. For

a change, I would love to hear the music and the food is what keeps me going. The ingredients looked somewhat of a high quality and you can think the same lines as Jamie Oliver or James Oliver -the UK chef.

I remember one particular moment where I had ordered a basketful of Irish bread and a lunch set consisting of somce nice, well-balanced meal. The most common menu that I saw in Ireland is fish and that could be easily found in many parts of Ireland. There are just too many landscaped but then the greenery stucked with me, perhaps because there were lots of trees chopped off. That is something that I would like to see not being done. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Ireland an 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38511243590530/k2311a115/11.5.07