Death Proof
  • I loved Pulp Fiction, I loved Kill Bill, and I love grindhouse films
  • I like what Quentin Tarantino was aiming for while making the movie
  • Grindhouse films are supposed to be aimless and pretty much artless, not filled with dialogue and somewhat boring
  • The entire movie was pretty much corny and kind of lame, and I do consider this Quentin Tarantino's worst, but Death Proof does have a little bit of feel for the classic exploitation film

• by Kevin Cortez

I loved Pulp Fiction, I loved Kill Bill, and I love grindhouse films. I hate Death Proof.

I like what Quentin Tarantino was aiming for while making the movie; capturing all of the classic grindhouse car chase scenes, hot girls,

and fighting, but overall, it could have been so much better.

There was just too much dialogue for it to be a simple grindhouse movie.

Grindhouse films are supposed to be aimless and pretty much artless, not filled with dialogue and ...

• somewhat boring.

Quentin Tarantino should have focused on three things: girls, car chases, and a serial killer.

Unfortunatly, he took another route and made a horrible ode to grindhouse films.

I did enjoy the ending car chase, although it was about…20-30

minutes long, but it is a redeeming quality.

The entire movie was pretty much corny and kind of lame, and I do consider this Quentin Tarantino’s worst, but Death Proof does have a little bit of feel for the classic exploitation film.

Death Proof

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11411243480930/k2311a114/11.4.07