Wishcraft by Barbara Sher with Annie Gottlieb  » Books  »
  • The book slowly leads me to a state whereby I thought I could do almost anything even in a country where I could not speak the language fluently
  • Less than a year after I bought the book, I got a freelance job and a part time job

• by etaine22

Last year I moved to Berlin for good. Without knowing how to speak German well, I was jobless for quite a while. Before I realised, i was actually suffering from depression. I spoke to a friend, and he recommended me to read alot, to keep my mind active and informed.

So, I went to a bookstore, a second hand bookstore searching for books that could help with my personal growth.

I came across Wishcraft - How to Get What You Really Want by Barbara Sher with Annie Gottlieb. I flipped thru a few pages to get the feel of the book. I loved it instantaneously.

The book allows me to search myself, my hidden talents, my personal style, my abilities and so on. There are step by step in chapters to take me through to my realisation of my skills ...

• and talents.

As I was quite miserable due to my joblessness, it strike me when I read one part that tells me that there are many hidden talents and interests in one self. The book tells me to go back to when I was young and try to recall what were the things that I wanted to do so much but was hindered by circumstances and parents.

The book

slowly leads me to a state whereby I thought I could do almost anything even in a country where I could not speak the language fluently.This book gives me alot of strength.

Less than a year after I bought the book, I got a freelance job and a part time job. I still have this book lying around on my desk to allow me to keep in touch with myself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17411243330930/k2311a114/11.4.07