Gilbert Grape movie
  • I think the film has a big heart, just like Hallstrom's swedish film My life as a dog, and is very engaging, very much thanks to the actors
  • Unfortunately, Hallstrom has to make the whole climax very sentimental and that doesn't convince me

• by limonar
      Lasse Hallstrom, a swedish filmmaker, has spent most of his career in Hollywod, and Gilbert Grape is probably his most successful film next to The Ciderhouse Rules and Chocolat. Johnny Depp

appears as Gilbert and Leonardo DiCaprio as is austistic younger brother. They have a hard life out in the american country, with their father dead at young age and their mother ...

• a bit eccentric. Gilbert Grape has to take care of his whole family. I think the film has a big heart, just like Hallstrom’s swedish film My life as a dog,
        and is very engaging, very much thanks to the actors. Unfortunately, Hallstrom has to make the whole climax very sentimental and that doesn’t convince me. However, I think it was worth the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11131224270631/k2311a1213/12.13.05